“Salmonella poisoning and attempted kidnap.”
Review of Alta Beach Hotel

Alta Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just over a year ago and boy do I regret it. Staff are rude. Rooms are dirty, broken and are not secure. Doors have massive gaps under and over them. Door frames are hanging off. Pool was full of grime and bar absolutely stank like puke. Was scared to sleep here at night as receptionist gave our room number to our creepy Olympic rep who tried to kidnap us. Holiday was a disaster. Cockroach was found in the salad. The glass shelving covering the food was full of dust. I wrote my name in it and 5 days later it was still there. Many people changed hotels and point black refused to stay there. But as two young females we didn't want any trouble. We had to endure this hell for 2 weeks. Location is okay. 10 minute walk to all the shopping and bars in turgetres. Bus ride to bodrum and gumbet. The hotel's 'beach' was man made section in the harbour. Sand was Fag butts and broken furniture. Water was so polluted it stung my legs instantly, no fish to be seen. Stopped eating and got very sick in my last week at the hotel. Came back to the uk and was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning and gastro-monotitus. Was absolute hell, DO NOT GO HERE, EVER. Worst hotel I have ever seen or been to.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stephanie E

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Alta Beach is no more. The previous management has gone and it has been completely taken over. It is in the process of being completely stripped down and refurbed. The horrid beds are binned and so is the furniture. Workmen currently working around the clock to complete. Gardeners also working hard to make the place look precentable. Will post pictures when I can get in so all can see whats happening.
Turgutreis is a beautiful place and I hope that once the work is finished that this hotel will become one of the better ones.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sandy6319
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

After paying £440 for 10 nights all inclusive including flights, we knew we weren't gonna be staying at the ritz!! After a dodgy check in and getting used to a diet of eggs we made the most of what ever booze was available and the giggles around the pool! Had a ball, this place has massive character and gives a story to tell! Loved it.... Aside from the pervy 'entertainment manager'

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lissar-r
Reviewed 29 October 2013

booked a week all inclusive for sep 12th 2013 ,myself and my 2 sisters,we were greeted by staff who were clearly drunk .shown to a room of sorts ,never in 20 years of going to turkey have we ever seen anything like it .Health Hazzard . We demanded to see the manager ,the staff called him and he said we could change rooms in the morning ,we could not even stay one night and walked the streets at 3am with our luggage to find another hotel ,3 middle aged women on our own ,can you imagine??? ,disgusting .we are now in the process of sorting the finances out with our tour operator and hope this can be resolved .i will add ...that the staff on the phone at travel republic were brilliant .read the reviews and believe them .!!!!

Room Tip: go to irme hotel or cherry
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanette W
Reviewed 17 October 2013

i was a regular visitor to this hotel , but no more after my latest debacle. given the worst room in the hotel block 6102 gets no sun mould on walls and mattresses disgusting i told them they shouldnt rent that room out, I have asthma, and after speaking to 4 staff I eventually got a room change after 4 nights I heard there was some money problems staff were waiting to get paid , all the staff looked miserable and impolite this is not a way to run a hotel. on at least 10 occasions during the 2 weeks I was there they had no red wine at meal times, they ran out of beer on a couple of occasions . during the 1st week I was there hotel was overbooking and having to send a number of people to a nearby hotel for their first night. I understand lease runs out this year , when new management have taken over and I start to read good reviews again I will consider a return but not before.. I have currently fallen out of love with Turkey as a result

Room Tip: keep complaining one woman changed 7 times dont get 6102
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo