We spent 2 weeks at this hotel in October and would recommend it as one of the best in the area. It is a large hotel with lots of different bars and restaurants to choose from. It was spotlessly clean, never seen such clean toilets and the young woman who cleaned the lobby area and toilets always seemed to be working so well done to her.
We had a terrible storm at the end of our 1st week which caused chaos as the 6th floor main restaurant is mainly outside dining with only a small inside seating area certainly not enough for 800 people.
Food in the buffet restaurants was OK, mainly the same thing and often luke warm. Felt that they could have made more of an effort with the outside show area and produced different food there. The Fish and Turkish restaurants were very good, you book them at 9am and is good for a change.
We had a lovely Superior Garden room so no complaints there.
We found that a few of the bars constantly ran out of drinks quite early in the evening. One night there was no wine, no brandy and no Raki and when I enquired when they would have it, I was told, very rudly, 'Lady, everyone drinking all day so it is finished'!!!!
If you like to walk, you can walk along the seafront or to the shops and restaurants in Gumbet and we found that everyone was very friendly there so lots of people ate out at night for a change.
My complaint about this hotel is the lack of dress code. We have never stayed in a good hotel before where there was not one which means that scantily clad people were walking about the dining room during the day and in shorts at night.
Having said all this, we met a lot of nice people to talk to and found most of the waiters extremely friendly. If we were to return to Gumbet we would most certainly stay there again and would recommend it. For the price paid it was excellent, you could always find better but there are also a lot worse as a few people re-located from other hotels to there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet