“Cold food”
Review of Manuela Hotel

Manuela Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Went hère with friends service terrible and food cold 2 people ordered chicken Kiev looked over cooked no garlic butter In them we where placed on raised platform as I moved my chair back it fell over the edge taking me wiťh it they called ambulance for me when I approached them next day as I suffered a broken arm they said not our fault we won't help with hospital bill terrible place

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Robert C

Reviewed 21 June 2017

For the first time I was alone on vacation and I was worried. I was staying in a neighboring hotel, but I spent the afternoons and nights at the Manuela Hotel's bar. The staff is so friendly that I forgot my concerns very quickly. I found new friends and I felt fantastic. Most of the nights in the bar had live music and dancing. Thanks to all of Temple Bar and Manuela for making my stay unforgettable. I recommend to all who choose Bitez to stay at Hotel Manuela.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We traveled here in September this year the reviews led us to believe it was wonderful. The hotel is situated on a scrappy piece of beach the rooms are very basic certainly NOT boutique the staff are very nice as long as you eat there, it gets to the stage where you are accosted in the evening and asked where your going and why are you not eating there ,found this very off putting also told we would be allowed to eat else where every other night as long as we eat in the next night .Guess what we didn't eat there again.
Cuba night was fun the first time but three nights a week it soon gets on your nerves.
Breakfast was ok the juice machine was not working the whole time we were there and when the Turkish guests left the choice got less and less.
As for cleaning a lick and a promise is what I would describe it as, even though the maid simpered for tips every time you saw her.
One main problem is the rooms have no decent balconies to sit on , we like to sit out and read but they are really cramped.
Bitez as a whole is not a resort I would return too, no decent beach and harassed constantly by the restaurants much nicer places in Turkey ,all I can say to people who return here year after year is that there is a big wide world out there go and have a look.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank lillyKent
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Have in mind this is an inexpensive 2* hotel in a secondary tourist location in the Bodrum area. That said, this hotel is a gem. You get what you pay for but in fact with this hotel, they go the extra mile.

We booked a last minute one week stay through Thomson. On arrival, our group was greeted by the Manager, taken to the bar and given a drink; a nice touch, better than a cold towel offered on arrival by most 5* hotels these days.

Our room on the ground floor (we had a choice of floors) had all that would be required. It was clean, the bed comfortable but the wardrobe/storage was limited. There was also a balcony. Tea/coffee facilities were available, a 'fridge, an adequate en-suite shower room with complimentary toiletries and slippers were provided - really! A modern air conditioning unit, plasma TV and free Wi-Fi. All this for a 2* hotel.

The hotel has its own bar with waiter service and nightly entertainment; also its own restaurant, private beach with good quality sunloungers, sunshades and a small, albeit clean, beach with clean, warm sea as an added extra. In addition, it has its own pool.

We booked bed and breakfast. The breakfast included freshly cooked eggs of your choice, fresh fruit, cheese & meats. An impressive selection for such a small hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was kept to a good standard.

We have stayed in Bitez four years previously (at the other end of the bay). Since then, they have redeveloped the seafront, allowing the restaurants to spill onto the beach, which promotes a lovely atmosphere, especially at night. Bitez has retained most of its Turkish ethnicity (mosque on the seafront). Plenty of good inexpensive restaurants serving fresh Turkish food. If you are looking for hectic nightlife, this is not for you but for pure relaxation, it certainly is. Bodrum, the nearest town, is a short bus ride away and contains all the usual shops, restaurants, bars and a good market.

If you are looking for a quiet hassle-free pleasant resort, with good atmosphere without the noise and the added bonus of this hotel, this is your place. We hope to return next year.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We visited this hotel -myself, husband and our son in law for a fortnight half board at the end of September -October and had a great holiday which suited us perfectly! The owner and all the staff from the cleaning ladies, waiters and bar staff to the main man were very pleasant and couldn't do enough to help.
The rooms and balconies were not very big but we didn't spend a lot of time in them as the facilities were so good in the bar and beach; a bonus much appreciated, were the fridge, coffee and tea making facilities plus a hair dryer in the bathroom.
The bar, entertainment area and restaurant were just about 10 metres from the beach with free sunbeds and umbrellas provided as well as bar service - with a smile!
There was a flat, paved walkway all around the bay with shops and restaurants to the right and to the left a nice stroll to the boats in the harbour.
We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: We were in 135, we didn't stay in the bar very late but light sleepers would not like the noise...