All reviews picnic tables room was clean quiet hotel nantahala river very nice place to stay the dragon an older property enjoyed my stay the breakfast area the blue ridge mountains night stay hot tub motel motorcycle leaf gazebo microwave
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We booked last minute in peak leaf season, so we paid more than we would like to for a place of this quality. It is very convenient, right off of 74. Cash points on the corner. Breakfast provided was fine. Waffle machine & biscuits & gravy were the highlights. Coffee was ok. Worst part was there were 4 tables for the whole place. My husband called it a social experiment. The beds were comfortable. Heat/AC was loud, but we appreciated it, as the country bar next door was playing loud music into the night. Bathroom had no vent fan, and showed signs of black mold damage. The grounds are nice. Sand volleyball court, river access, BBQ put & accompanying gazebo & picnic tables. Great view of the southern face of the Snowbird Mtns. Pool closed for the season. No hot tub. Very nice staff. Normally I would expect better for $110/night, but it is leaf season.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here at the Quality Inn it may be out there in the country but it has very much Pleasant staff here, comfortable beds , nice breakfast and a few places to sightsee.
If you care to go get something to eat or sightsee talked to Lois , she works the afternoon shift, and she will tell you what are good places, cause she helped me alot.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Older Hotel (20+ years). Updated 5-6 years ago. Definitely shows signs of it's age, wear and tear, but kept clean and tidy. Some water spots, specks of mold in the bathroom but generally quite clean for a 2 star hotel. Breakfast was mostly continental. Exception was the biscuits and gravy. Wouldn't live here but over night stay was superb. Great mountain views and nice staff.

Room tip: Seemed very busy... All rooms faced to the exterior.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our stay. Clean room, fridge and microwave, flat screen tv. Excellent shower. Staff very friendly and helpful. We arrived with a trailer and had plenty of room to park. Veiw of the mountains from our room. Comfortable bed. Slept like a rock. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Wife and I planned a day of visiting Maggie Valley, Cherokee and on to Nantahala. Made reservations at the Quality Inn in Andrews to spend the night and then more Blue Ridge driving/site seeing the next day. We pull into the Quality Inn and check in. Go to our room only to see the light on, curtain only partly pulled and feet hanging off end of bed. We go back to front desk thinking they had written down the wrong room number on our key card. Front desk lady says, no – that is your room. She goes to room only to confirm someone is in the room. Come to find out, she tells us the guy had checked in the day before for one night. Never left the room. No maid service report of room not being vacated or cleaned. He certainly hadn’t paid for the second night and yet the management of this property had no idea he was still there. Please tell me how this could happen if people – management – were doing their job? She tells us they are sold out and have no other rooms. She says they have three other rooms that no one has checked in yet, but they were reserved. So why can’t we have one of those rooms... we are here? No – our room was the one someone is still in. To her credit, she is flustered, embarrassed and doesn’t know what else to do. I suggest she call her manager. She does – no answer – but leaves a message. Then calls the owner – Mr. Patel – and you guessed it – No answer. I left a message explaining and asked him to call me ASAP. Never got a return call.

We called 10 other motels within a 60 mile radius – all full. It is the mountains during a high tourist time of the year and a great weekend re: weather. The reason we made reservations!!! Bottom-line is we were 6 hours away from home, and it is now 10 PM. To tired to drive home. We spent the night sleeping in our car. Got to the bathroom at a rest stop, brush our teeth in a rest stop sink and clean up a best as possible for Sunday. Headed home... tried, cramped and not interested in much more than finding a shower.

The lady at the front desk ( Lisa) did appear to care. Obviously the manager didn’t as she didn’t ever call back. I left my phone number for her to call us back today – never happened. Left a message for the owner to call us back – never happened. What else to think except they just didn’t care. I guess they had a bed to sleep in Saturday night?

Date of stay: July 2017