“Good milkshakes, average burgers”
Review of Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #870 of 2,062 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Don't go here with an empty stomach. There was only one crew who cooked the orders and one manager who served it when we went here. I was hungry, and I almost lost my sanity because of the crawling service. Imagine two people serving 5-6 tables. They didn't even served the drinking water first. The place is fine. But the burgers were nothing fancy rather a bit overpriced. Their milkshakes were good though. I'd rather crave for the pocket-friendly burgers of Snack Shack and Big B. Sad to say, it was a forgettable experience.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently attended Johnny Rockets in Galleria mall. I am Canadian living in the Philippines, and I was feeling a little homesick. Decided a good ol' burger and fries would cheer me up!

The restaurant itself has a great vibe. I've been to two locations and they are all the same. Very classic American diner. Music is pumping, and the staff are almost always high energy. Weekends in some locations I have seen the staff do choreographed dance routines even! Great ambiance if you are looking for a pick me up.

On this visit, I ordered the Smoke House burger (their own signature bbq ranch sauce, bacon, onion ring) and upgraded it to an Angus beef patty. For my drink, I ordered the classic strawberry shake.

The shake arrived first and was AMAZING. It's so thick that it's actually hard to drink it through the straws they give, and extremely smooth. I love this shake!

Then my meal arrived. I was the only patron dining in the restaurant, yet it took about 30 minutes for my meal. I first noticed that there were only about 16 fries scattered on the plate. I would recommend spending the 60php and getting unlimited fries, as they do not serve enough fries in their standard order, and the fries are tasty. The burger itself looked great, until I bit into it. I have to say, it was very close to being disgusting. The bacon had an odd flavour to it. It's definitely a very low grade bacon. Their signature sauce was almost non-existent. I didn't taste any bbq at all. Which left the upgraded angus beef burger to save the day. Unfortunately, it did not. I'm not sure what they are using for beef, but it did not taste like angus beef (I'm from Alberta, Canada, so I know beef!). It was over cooked (from what I had asked) and did not have a good beef taste. Overall, the burger was a bust.

When the bill came, the meal was just over 600php, which is a steep meal for what I got.

Overall, I would definitely hit this spot on a Friday/Saturday night for the vibe and a great milkshake or sundae. I would have my supper someplace else though.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

the best hamburger the double rocket was on the adventure of the seas royal carebean crew
the milk shakes wow the onion rings the service excellent overall wonderfull place to enjoy a delicious hamburger

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've tried both The Original and Rocket Single burgers and I loved them both. It's a refreshing break from the overly salted burgers from other burger chains. The serving is hefty, it's actually hard to finish the burger in one sitting. I've tried the chocolate milkshake it's a winner too.

The cheerful music and the dancing is a welcome distraction.

2  Thank Animonina
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My friend and I recently ate at the Robinsons Galleria branch. I’ve wanted to dine there ever since it opened a year or two ago. When we got there, there were a few customers and only about three servers. The music and ambience was happy. But we weren’t happy with the food and the price. I ordered their Cheese fries, a solo serving of Rocket wings which is 5 pcs and a Rootbeer float. The Float and the Fries arrived first; then the Wings in less than 15 minutes.

I was fine with the Float because it was yummy with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. But with the Cheese fries, I was disappointed. When the Fries arrived, I had to look closely where the cheese was. It says on the menu that it’s covered in cheddar cheese. They probabaly have a different meaning for covered. Then more disappointment when the Wings arrived. I actually thought I ordered a Kid’s meal because of how small the serving was. It didn’t look appetizing too; probably because of the color of the sauce. Seeing the price for the solo serving of the Wings, I expected average-sized wings. But lo and behold, the wings were tiny. Chicken wings from other restaurants are far bigger and better tasting. I thought I was going to be stuffed with the 5-pc. Wing, but I was mistaken. I was stuffed with Fries instead. Half way thru our meal, the dancing started. That was probably the only interesting part of our meal. Now with the price they have, you would think you’ll be getting what you paid for. Unfortunately, the food is ridiculously expensive and the amount of serving is ridiculously small. I felt cheated and robbed. I should have ordered a burger. Then again, maybe I’m not going to eat there again.

1  Thank Robi C