“Expensive but worth it”

Ranked #98 of 2,065 Restaurants in Quezon City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The first time we tried Zucchini's was this year, 2016 and yet we almost always passed by this place on,our way home.
We thought of celebrating our wedding anniversary there, just my husband and I without the kids.
I was truly impressed by the ambiance and the staff especially the lady manager. Likewise, my husband and I enjoyed the seafood platter, the pasta and their steak. We also finished up a bottle of delicious wine, recommended by the manager herself. We were so full and did not even get to finish the pasta.
We went back most recently, again ordered the seafood platter which I highly recommend.
Although, this resto is rather pricey for an ordinary date.

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Precious Zucchini's Indulgence

Last Sunday, my wife and I had lunch at Zucchini's (Scout Tuason, Quezon City) and I was a bit hesitant of her choice of venue. Years ago, we had lunch when it was still in its old place, and that was not a good experience, as far as I recall it.

So, with much hesitation I gave in to the wifey. The new place was impressive. Its interiors exuded a cozy ambience that seemed to announce it was a serious fine dining place.

Settled, the wait staff served a bread basket, with butter. The bread was okay, chef's recipe I
was told, but then, it could have been sourced from a good bakery. Our beverage choices were Kamias-apple for her and dalandan-cucumber for me. Excellent beginning.

Then we had appetizers, starting with a seafood sampler platter that had prawns, scallops, mussels, oysters, in varying treatments. The scallop's treatment was pleasantly surprising. I had to swipe the last of its sauce with the bread. The mussels were fresh and big. Maybe even from New Zealand? There was a mound of salsa, and that one was delectable.

I had my usual French Onion soup, to test if it's worth its mettle. It was served with a generous topping of just slightly-brown and melted mozzarella cheese, with its mystery liquid swimming with the onion and bread. The broth was very good. It's one of the best bowls I have had of this soup.

My Sweety ordered the Danica salad which when served was like a beautifully arranged melange of flora and fun, with all the dazzlingly quaint shades of Rose, crimson, verdant green, violet, oh what a color palette on the plate, that's quite a sight to see. And when the arrangement was mixed with extra dressing, with its hint of anchovy and mustard on balsamic vinegar, it was a burpy-satisfying meal in itself!

I ordered the 250 gram-US angus rib eye, medium rare, with mash potato and mushroom-pepper gravy. The steak was perfect, succulent and tender, nearly melting in my mouth. The accompanying side dish was complementing the meat and the gravy heightened the taste of the steak. I was a craving carnivore who found cause célèbre in this slab of beef. Heaven!

My wife settled for the chorizo pasta. And it came in a huge bowl fit for sharing. She did. And it was also a good choice, as the pasta and its sauce were like Cinderella and her Prince, perfect match. Taste-wise the chorizo was palpable but not overpowering. The pasta, al dente. It was pastas-tic with two-thumbs up.

For dessert, we shared a dessert sampler of liqueur infused chocolate cake, a light cheese cake and one other that disappeared swiftly I forgot its name but it was divine. This was paired with green tea with mango infusion which truly captured what a quaint and quiet Sunday lunch with a loved one should be.

Of course, for a meal like this, the final tab has set my pocket at a littlest over 6000 pesos (US$130).

Quality and intimate meal moments at Zucchini's is pricey, but well worth it.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

This relaxing dining place for family lunch is also good for business dinners. I have been returning to this restaurant for small group meals over the last two decades even since the original venue was still along Timog avenue and up to now at the site across the landmark original Max Restaurant. Parking is the usual challenge for Scout area restaurants but there are attendants/guards who will happily assist and point to where best to park. The menu is updated from time to time so I was pleasantly surprised with my latest meal of salad, fish with black rice, and dessert sampler of ice cream, chocolate cake and cheesecake. To top it off, a cup of hot green tea works best for me. For special occasions, I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

Over the last 2 years I have been to Zucchini's about 10 times. The food is always very good. The menu has variety and the quality of the food has always been good and nicely presented on the plate. The frustrating thing is the service. About half the times I come the service is very, very slow. During my last visit, we arrived at 7PM and our food did not even start being served until 9PM - 2 hours later. To make things worse, an hour after arriving we were still waiting on the drinks we ordered and we did not even have water on the table (I specifically asked for water after waiting and then it took 20 minutes before they came in with a pitcher and started filling glasses - and then they only filled half the glasses on the table.

If you have all night long for dinner and enjoy waiting I would suggest trying Zucchini's. If not, go some other place. Unfortunately, I do not think I will return. Again, I like the food, but the slow and unresponsive service just is not worth it for the price you pay.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

As the title says, I found the place where to have my wedding anniv luncheon this coming November. My hubby and I were not expecting to be blown away after that horrible experience with a "fine dining" resto we previously tried. We were very reserved and tried not to expect anything as reviews for it were not a lot. But since it was recommended by a friend, we agreed to check it out. The food was surprisingly great! We had lobster bisque (creamy and you can actually taste and smell the lobster), the slow baked bone marrow (literally and figuratively to die for!) for starters. It had anchovy cream cheese, arugula and pink sea salt. It all worked out pretty well - very flavourful and good. At this point I was starting to get full as their servings are not your usual finedining serving. It was actuAlly good enough to share! Next, we had the tagliattelle portobello pasta in creamy white wine sauce (very good, rich and good enough for 2-3!) and my hubby had the shrimp and scallops rissotto. The rissotto was evenly cooked and seasoned and the shrimp and scallops were perfectly done. Really happy tummies at this point (and so full too!)Lastly, we just had to try their signature CAB ribeye. This one was just ok. The meat itself is soft and tender but it lacked seasoning. The pepper sauce and a side of pink salt made it better though. My hubby and I pencilbooked their private room right after we finished dinner. :-) Also, a major plus was our server Nikka. She was very knowledgeable, courteous and answered all our queries re our event. Kudos Zucchini's! Cant wait for my wedding anniv luncheon with you! :-)