All reviewsac worksamerican breakfastdeluxe roomcomfortable bedsreception areaquiapoluzontvokeyrefrigeratorlrtairport
Reviewed 9 April 2016

This hotel is a recommended hotel, the staff is okey. you need to deposit 1k for security purpose but it will be back to you after your check out the room is clean, spacious what you saw in picture is what you get my room is deluxe room with breakfast . the bed is king size , the bedding is clean and also the room , the room have tv, mini ref and kettle. the restroom is spacious also and clean. they have a strong wifi also.the breakfast is great actually this is sulit hotel. this hotel is near at eseetan mall so its easy to buy food no hassle. I recommend this hotel. and I definitely come back

Room Tip: Deluxe Room (With Breakfast) is good
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennylynhoon
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Amidst the hustle and bustle of Quiapo since it is near the Church with its devotees, Sun Star Hotel still makes our stay comfortable. The staff are polite and really dependable. The rooms are equipped with the things you need. Tranquil in the middle of the city.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Plus. Room was clean and well equipped. Bathroom was large with plentiful hot water. Price was excellent. Staff excellent. Location great.
Minus. AC unit is a hole in the wall type so you either had a loud fan or the street noise coming through. It did work though and keep the room cool, but very little sleep due to the noise.
It feels tough giving this place a 3 star but you use a hotel to sleep and we didn't get much.

Room Tip: Up on the 6th floor but still the road noise was loud through the AC unit. Perhaps a room on the other side would fair better.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

This hotel is a small oasis in Manila,with a very good rate for what its offer.Big and clean rooms with big bathroom and spacious shower with western standars and is close to the city center.
Near the hotel there are many shops,bars,etc...and the Quiapo church,where people goes for praying.
The hotel offer the posibility of book the room for three,ten or twenty four hours at affordable rates.Breakfast is included and served at the room.Wifi signal is very good also.
If i return to Manila will definitely repeat.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pablopeth
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Given the price -- (it came up to a total of Php1600 and some change) it was ok-- bed was thick, pillows and comforters were, uhmm, comfy... I just checked in for a solo good night's sleep so my requirements were basic.... sound proofing was ok though you can still (slightly) hear (from my 5th floor room) people singing videoke from the alley street below-- this can be easily drowned out by your TV.... room was clean. water pressure good....

There's an issue regarding which I already gave Expedia (BTW: I chose Expedia because on the day I made my booking Expedia was slightly less expensive v. Booking.com) a heads up yesterday but there hasn't been feedback from them yet.... you see (as of today), when you click room description on the Expedia site for a deluxe room for this hotel (I took a screencap of and included the shot in my review), among others it states that with regard to the bathroom (quoting verbatim with emphasis): Private bathroom, separate BATHTUB and shower, slippers, and free toiletries -- there is no separate bathtub-- I only had a shower stall-- so -- atleast for Room 521 which I stayed in, one of the stated amenities was not provided. I will say, though, in fairness to the staff, that I did not raise the issue of the invisible bathtub at the time of my stay.... I only noticed the missing bathtub (LOL) when I got home and went online again.... I hope the necessary clarification, correction or deletion will be made soon so as not to mislead prospective guests...

Also, the slippers are rubber type not disposable ones nor are they brand new.....-- they did the job unless you're sensitive that way....

There is no in-house cafe or resto-- they only have room service which, I think, is not available 24/7-- would be good to have one/or a convenience store....

Aside from having a conference room there's not much to do in the hotel-- no massage service or spa, deck or whatever.... since we're talking quezon boulevard-quiapo... it's not safe to venture out at night so better stock up on your drinks and snacks (walking distance: there's Isetann Department Store to the left, sidewalk mini-stores near the front and a 7-11 nearby) before retiring after dark. -- or maybe you can call for delivery....

Window View: sidestreet alley and the rooftop of an old building.... when I woke up and opened the curtain a guy was sleeping topless on a hammock on the top of the next building... so be careful when opening curtains.... hehehe

There's supposed to be free wi-fi but it didn't seem to work.... again, in fairness to the staff, I did not raise this issue with them....

In closing: if all you need are in-room activities for... whatever.... Sun Star, as it is relatively new, is okay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo