All reviews corner suite manila bay robinsons mall small kitchenette asia
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We booked the top suite with the view of the bay-- the best they offered. The furniture was nice--but a bit banged up, kitchen fine--small stove top, bedroom wonderful and bathroom excellent-- great tub and shower. The view was fantastic and the sunsets were stunning. However, even that high up, there were cockroaches all over the kitchen area night and day. The place was plenty clean, but it was completely infested with roaches. We had to wash our dishes again before use because the roaches were on them constantly. It was unfortunate that we had to limit the amount of food we could have in the apartment because of them. And we kept it spotless, hoping it would help, but it didn't. Spraying each day didn't help either-- they just kept coming. Clearly, they live here and we are the guests to them.
Also, the only air conditioner was in the bed room and it was no match for the sun streaming into the apartment for most of the day. We were looking forward to spending time in the dining room and living room with the windows overlooking the street and bay below, but it was so hot, we couldn't stand it. We were there for a week in mid-March-- and the front half of the apartment was hotter than outside as there was no breeze even with all the windows and balcony door open. Mornings and later evenings were tolerable, but still too warm. From noon to 7PM or so, it was a furnace with the shades open. So the choices were: 1) Stay in a hot apartment, shades up with views all the time, sweating, the air conditioner never being able to keep up; 2) Close the shades, sit in the dark with no views, but have it be slightly cooler (the shades were made of metal-- so they heated up and radiated heat for hours); 3) Or, avoid the dining and living room, close the bedroom pocket doors, and enjoy great aircon in the bedroom and bathroom area only. We had to choose 3 everyday.
And it was too bad, as the staff was great-- very friendly and helpful, the café off the lobby was very good, lobby, elevators and hallways all fine, transportation all around, great location on the bay and walkable to the Robinson mall, but, sadly, it was a disappointment each time we went back into the apartment. This was our second place to stay on the same trip and the other one had both fine aircon and no bugs of any kind. Preparing a meal was horrible between the cockroaches crawling all over and the heat. We were drenched in sweat by the end of cooking and then had to eat on the bed and stay only in the bedroom for the bulk of the night.
We were so excited about this choice and we wanted to like it, but we couldn't. And we can't recommend it, either. Dreading going back to the place you are staying? That is a terrible thing.

Room Tip: The rooms that don't have sun on them all day might be better, but I'd bet the cockroaches are everywhere. Be warned!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I am in their suite. The best room in the hotel.
Cons. Dirty carpet so dirty it made my feet sole black.
Furniture's are full of dirt and falling off.
They give u 2 flat pillow and thin blanket. They will charge u for extra.
Kitchen and bathroom have finger size cockroaches. They sprayed three days in a row and still there were cockroaches.
Windows are not soundproof. I felt that I was sleeping near the street.
I told the front desk about cockroaches they just said sorry. It was like they knew about cockroaches and did not care.
So safety box in room.
The bathtub is 2x knee high difficult to get it. It's like climbing.

Bottom line
Dirty dirty and finger size cockroaches.

Pros. Housekeeping staff

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2015

a well earned holiday spent in philippines, not sure what to expect but happy with the hotel, kitchen in room was very handy, manila bay close by, shopping and entertainment all in walking distance, look forward to my next visit

Room Tip: had a basic room, was very adequate
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Stayed in this hotel wid my Family for 5 Nights.

Location is ok. But......The AC is so terribly not working good, a lot of cockroaches and mosquiotoes, rooms smell extremely bad and BAD SERVICE..

Never had experienced staff so rude.

My suggestion to the Owner: replace those crew.

They will bring your business down.

Lots of problems in this hotel but the staff doesn't seem to care or realize they are also a problems especially the grim face guy in the front desk (the New one)!!

I will not be recommending this hotel to my friends and family as I don't want them to experience how the service sucks.

It actually ruined our mood for this vacation.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank babysweet125
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The hotel looks fantastic from outside but the moment you step inside the room the whole picture changes. At the reception, I asked the boy with a grim face who never smiled during my stay there, that I wanted my room on the 3rd floor. But the porter took me to the 10th floor. The room was horrible; the furniture was worn out, damp, smelly and old. My room overlooked the roofs of other buildings. There was an old cooker in the kitchenette with an old fridge and some plates and glasses. The bathroom was basic too. The cockroaches and other insects were everywhere in the room and the smell was abominable.
I went back to the boy with a grim face at the reception and asked him to change my room but he bluntly answered that the hotel was fully booked. Most of customers were Japanese and local Filipinos working overseas. The hotel is bearable only for one or two nights at most on your way to Angles City. Because of the lack of hygiene, I don't advise families with children to go there. The only advantage that I would give to Boulevard Mansion is its proximity to both Amazonia Café and L.A. Café.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo