“Best in Manila!”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The experience at Best Western La Corona Manila was really wonderful. The hotel staff were great and very helpful, my room was clean (spotless!) and they have the best food at very reasonable price (their beef kaldereta is a must try). I have been to a lot of hotels not only in the Philippines but all over Asia and I am proud to say that Best Western La Corona is in my top 5. I can't wait to go back there - my home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Allen A
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Allen A,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in their deluxe roomPros: 1. Excellent breakfast - food is high quality. Servise is superb. Management know what they are doing!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Marquis q

Dear Marquis q,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted to know that you were happy and satisfied with our service especially with our breakfast. Rest assured that we will continue to extend the quality service you deserve.

Should you require assistance with your reservations in the future, please email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Warm regards,
Tet B. Romualdo

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I reserved a room here on the hotels website for 2 nights in Feb 2012. After arriving I was told that my room was on the 4th floor and the elevator was out of service, I informed them that I had very bad knees and climbing the stairs would be difficult. They moved me to the 2nd floor. I thought about it over lunch and decided not to stay for the 2nd night and asked to cancel it. The woman clerk behind the desk accommodated my request but then smugly informed me that I would still be charged the 10% of the total 2 nights reservation fee. It amounted to only about 600PHP, nut the attitude totally put me off. I replied that I didn't notice the samll printed notice on the hotel's website regrading the elevator being out of sevice, or I would have reserved a room elsewhere. I will never book into there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SirJamesManila
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear SirJamesManila,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Tet B. Romualdo
BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the nightlife and Robinson mall in the Ermita area. The neighborhood can be unsafe at night but during the day, it should be fine. There are very aggressive panhandlers so always watch your belongings and don't flaunt any expensive jewelries.

The price is $50 USD, about $5-$10 more expensive than other hotels in the area. The rooms are adequate but the shower is average at best. I think if you are just shopping, there are other newer and cheaper hotels nearby. And for night life, I would try to stay in the hotels near Hyatt Hotel area as it is a bit safer during the night.

The elevator should be working now but when I was there, I had a good exercise climbing 4 flights of stairs everyday!

Would I stay here again? It depends, maybe for $40 or less because when I was there, I was able to check out other hotels in the area and I found a couple that looked nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Jon K,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed for one night only. We had the executive room 206 second floor as I requested I got two children. We had enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and my kids loved it. We got the promo price direct we booked from Western la corona website. We got discounted and affordable price. We availed their hotel transport to pick up from airport is 900 pesos and drop off is 400 pesos. It is safe to booked their transport to avoid hassle from taxi drivers there in Manila. The breakfast buffet is good can be better if they includes pan cakes for children. The hotel staff they are friendly. But be careful upon check out they asked us if we eat one of their peanuts and can be charge to our bills but I told them nobody from us ate the peanuts then they removed from our bill. Always check your bills before check out. The location is good near to all restaurants, small shops, and Robinson mall . But We didn't have much time to walk around the area. Night time is not safe a little bit crowded and noisy. The elevator still down. Our executive room in second floor if the aircon is off you can hear street noise. If they can provide a double glaze it would be better no noise...To transfer from Ninoy International Airport t will take 30 minutes with out traffic. I still recommend this hotel to anyone would like to have good rest for one or 2 nights. I would like also to give my thanks to hotel staff, receptionist, room service, bell boy, driver for doing good service.

Room Tip: always check your bills before check out hotel transport is safe Near to Robinson mall
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Critic138
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Critic138,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the property. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our service and find our staff friendly. It is through this feedback that we draw inspiration to further improve and better ourselves. Rest assured that this will be shared to the entire team as well.

Should you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.