All reviews robinsons mall room service hours corridor noise airport bus large bedroom bars restaurants street kids five minute walk renovated room modern bathroom great shower an update manila hotels walking distance small refrigerator convenient location malate ermita
Reviewed 26 May 2017

On the plus side:
Staff are friendly and helpful, always saying hello in the lobby and corridors.
The hotel is clean and generally well furbished with decent internet.
The room was a good size with a small (and dark) but serviceable kitchen area.
Centrally located in Matale which can get noisy but not late into the night.
The aircon managed (just).

On the downside:
No cups, tea, coffee, milk or even water in the rooms. When I arrived, at night, knowing that I couldn't drink the tap water, I asked for some water - I was charged for it. Overall, this hotel gets 4 stars on TripAdvisor - I had simply expected the basics especially when the room has a kitchen with kettle and fridge.
They supply shampoo and bar soap but not shower gel or conditioner.

Similarly, I had paid for breakfast each day and assumed that I could get a second cup of tea without having to pay extra, but no. One small cup is all that is included.

The restaurant staff - again, very friendly - were not very detail oriented often getting orders wrong or delivering to the wrong table when there were only 4 customers.

The amount of money saved by not supplying these small amenities must be tiny; the owners would be well advised to do a bit more in this area to provide a lot more benefit to their customers.

Room Tip: Higher up and to the back to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 26 May 2017

The room size was impressive for the cost. Large bedroom , small eating area with fridge and good sized bathroom. Manila hotels can be a bit pricy so if you want a large room with affordable cost this hotel is for you. Sraff are very pleasant and always said good morning. The room service food was not great but cheap so if hungry then it does the job of filling you up. A mall just round the corner to eat and go shopping. Overall I had a good stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank K1980CVandrewg
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This is an ideal mid-range hotel with hi-range comforts and convenience in an excellent location for a perfect balance of amenities including great shopping facilities, restaurants, entertainment, nightlife and culture and good transport services.

The rooms are comfortable, spacious, clean and recently decorated and a near perfect modern bathroom with high pressure balanced hot and cold water for a great shower.

The big double bed was very comfortable with all the in room facilities well planned a easily accessible and in good working order and the wifi was of above average quality and speed. The small very small entrance / dining room with a table and chair and refrigerator was a little impractical and would have been more useful if it had been open plan thereby increasing the overall size of bedroom.

The staff and personnel were very helpful, polite and accommodating, making the entire experience of this hotel very pleasurable and quite memorable and I will definitely be returning there on my next trip to Manila.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I is nearby Robinson's. Malate.
Feeling like home.New renovated rooms. Friendly staff. Room service 24 hours. Best value for money. I will allways comeback to this hotel. I will recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2017

My husband and I had an excellent stay, top noch service! We had issues at another facility, and we knew we could count on the Rothman when they fell through, even though we checked out at midnight, they always had staff available to help us out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple