“Japanese Resto in Beau Vallon.”

Coral Asia Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Our new restaurant offering is set on the upper deck of the Ocean Pool Bar. It is the perfect place to enjoy the finest meal with a combination of Asian & Japanese fusion cuisine. It offers an exciting and lively open planned kitchen with master chefs preparing the freshest sushi in the unique Japanese style. Sip Sake with friends as you dine on freshly made gourmet sushi & sashimi marvelling at the glorious vista of the ocean in a relaxed, island-style atmosphere. Monday to Sunday 12:00noon - 10:00pm
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I was walking along Beau Vallon Beach and being pregnant, I suddenly had a craving for Japanese food. Someone told me that there's one in Coral Strand Hotel so I decided to check it out.

The restaurant is at the 2nd floor of a Nipa Hut style structure and al fresco. I found it cute and appealing coz I can see the sunset and people downstairs. It is just adjacent to the hotel's pool area.

I ordered Seafood Ramen and Maki rolls for my dinner and a can of Ginger Ale. It was my first time to try Seafood Ramen and though it was good, I don't find it appealing to me. I still prefer Beef Ramen. But don't get me wrong, the ramen is tasty. The Maki Rolls were a little bland for my taste, but still good.

The staff were nice and friendly but I guess they stay mostly downstairs where most patrons were that's why it took long for our requests to be attended to.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Slow service. I was only one in restaurant in mid afternoon and food still took 30min. Sushi was good and miso-ramen seafood soup was good

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The boat platter is amazing, friendly staff, please book in advance! The portions are big. excellent quality and service!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The restaurant is by the beach with beautiful views. It is high up simulating a wooden house. It is definitely very inviting. However, the quality of the food let me down. The prices are unreasonably high.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The Sushi is nice (Tuna is cheaper than Salmon :-)
But best secrets are the Asian dishes like Nasi Goreng, this combined with some sushi starters and tempura shrimp is the best