“Good choice”

Sala Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 34 Male B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2012

In case you will ever need a place to stay at Male,look no further.
Sala boutique hotel is what you need.The rooms are nice,the service impeccable and the management super.If you add to this the great food at the restaurant and the breakfast they offer you then you have it all.
We will definitely return

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The best hotel we had during our whole trip - and we had quite a lot of other good hotels. The owner Thomas is very helpful and he becomes to a friend of us. The food is amazing - well I don´t eat Thai food but my friends do. I always choosed the Italian food and this was soooooo good... Thomas can arrange easily very nice daytrips to several islands like TAJ EXOTICA or MEERU around Male. Also diving trips are no problems... if we come back one day to Maldives this will be our place to sleep... Thank you so much for everything! Sabrina and Martin

We hope to see you again in our life!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Whole experience was faultless from start to finish. The owner Thomas emailed after booking was made to arrange collecting us from airport. As we didn't have our seaplane flight details he contacted the resort directly and found out for himself.
We were met at the airport by a member of staff who escorted us on the ferry and then taxi to the hotel. We then met Thomas who was delightful. After a few hours exploring Male we returned for a delicious meal in the Thai restaurant on site. In the morning after a delicious breakfast we were once again escorted in the taxi and onto the ferry back to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James_P1977
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a fabulous small boutique hotel in Male. It is like a small jewel of an oasis, just 5 min taxi then a 10 min boat ride to the airport. ($8 each way).

Beautiful interiors, attentive and professional staff. Clean, modern, well appointed rooms with luxury bed linens and pillows.

There are two restaurants, Thai and Italian. We stayed one night and the Thai food was the best I have ever had. I have visited Thailand for over a month and ate everywhere from fiv-star hotels to street food and the peppercorn noodles with shrimp and calamari was amazing. Spicy, tender seafood, just-right noodles, and generous portions. Now, all food is more expensive in Maldives, but it was on par with San Francisco or New York restaurants. We spent $80 for two ginger beers, a delicious apple smoothy, peppercorn noodles, cashew chicken, and two bowls of premium ice cream, including tip.

The hotel is competitively priced and less expensive than many others in Male.

The owner and staff give you the feeling they are genuinely interested in you having a wonderful stay.

All amenities were great, from HD LCD tv, to wifi, to air conditioning. A tremendous breakfast was also included with three types of meats, two cheeses, yogurt, bread, omelette, and coffee.

All the ingredients and indeed all furnishings and service items appear to have been carefully sourced for the best quality worldwide.

I have stayed at many hotels, and this ranks with the best, and for its location it is a good value as well. Will make this our place to stay in Male. A great option for people who want to arrive the day or two before heading out to outlying island resorts, or for those who wish to explore Male.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Sanfranciscotown
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Background:

My wife and I traveled to the Maldives on a dream trip with the plan to spend 9 nights at a resort followed by a few days in Male before heading back to reality (my wife leaving 2 days earlier than me to start a business trip). With so many resorts to choose from, we made our selection and started to look for a reasonably priced hotel in Male to stay for the second part of our adventure (not an easy task). Stumbling onto the Sala boutique hotel on booking.com and reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I figured why not.

The experience:

Shortly after booking with booking.com, I was surprised to receive an email from the owner of the hotel (Thomas) confirming my booking and offering any assistance I may require. After inquiring about our flight itineraries in order to arrange an airport transfer, I explained to Thomas that we were starting our vacation on a resort, he quickly informed me that he would contact the resort directly to ensure that all required transfers would be arranged. The communication back and forth was clear and quick, I immediately had the sensation that we would be well taken care of.

Fast forward now to day 8 of our 9 day resort stay, as promised Thomas takes the liberty to contact our resort and arrange to meet us at the jetty (dock) in Male. We were immediately greeted by a smiling Thomas and an employee to assist us in transporting our bags. Thomas checked us in and gave us a tour of the place we would call home for a few days. Thomas toured us through the two restaurants on site and explained the freshness philosophy of having the ingredients brought in and fresh preparation of all meals.
We settled into our impeccable room and relaxed before heading downstairs for dinner, deciding on Thai for our first night (we alternated between the Thai and Italian which were both fantastic). The food quality and level of service was top notch, quite evident to both of us that Thomas and his staff took a great deal of pride in the service, quality and décor of this hidden gem of a hotel.
The room was comfortable, clean, and the attention to detail was evident (organic soap and high quality products all around), this coupled with high quality bedding and bed provided us with an amazing night sleep.
The following morning we woke to a wonderful breakfast served fresh and quick. As the night before, Thomas passed by our table to make sure all was good...a little touch we appreciated, one that continued with every meal we had (breakfast and dinner for 3 days). We were then provided with a quick brief of the island and how to get around and we headed out map in hand.
Upon our return, we were again greeted with a smile and a handshake. And after dinner my wife got ready to leave for the airport. Thomas arranged an employee to accompany us to the airport and to return with me. My wife ran into problems with the airline and was bumped off the flight, she called the hotel and Thomas assisted her with solutions for rebooking and liaised with the airline on our behalf. The following day, Thomas made perfect recommendations for us to spend the day together as my wife was delayed until the following night, and again made sure that she made it to the airport with assistance of a staff member. Thomas and his staff continued to provide great service for the remainder of my stay.

All in all, the level of service was very high and I have nothing bad to say about the entire stay...in fact I think that many resorts could learn from this hotel owner.

Thank you Thomas for making the final days of our dream holiday even better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mike R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Male
0.2 km away
5.6 km away
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
#1 of 1 in Vihamanafushi

Been to Sala Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!