All reviews room was spacious bathroom door male city nice stay clean hotel front office staff breakfast was included business trip free airport transfer basic amenities small hotel julius ferry transit island usd balconies
Reviewed 23 September 2017

As the name suggests you would expect both bees and drones in a beehive, but thankfully the beehive is full of working bees, all with smiles and helpful wherever they can.
The only shortfall, no disabled facilities, which made it very difficult, even with all the assistance that they tried to provide. Surely just to add some hand holds in the bathroom with its very slippery tiled floor and somewhere to hold onto when trying to use the toilet would cost so little in comparison to what it would add to the less able traveller.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BEEHIVE_Hotel_Mgt, Hotel Supervisor at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear RostrevorMichael,

Thank you for that sweet comparison of the Beehive family into Bees, it was fun to read and exactly you are right as beehive is full of working bees, all smiles and willing to help to our extent. as bees are knowned for its buzzing around noise, thankfully no drones when you stayed as we are striving to give our guest a more comfortable stay.
the Bee-Hive is the place to bee..
however, I apologize for the shortfall with disabled facilities. guest service and assistance is our main concern. I have noted on your concern and rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the concern department heads for future improvements.
despite your stay less that perfect, I am still very pleased to hear that we have made your stay pleasant and Looking forward to welcome you back at the Beehive Hotel - Maldives!.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was pretty decent and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful. General manager on duty took the effort to talk to me and asked for feedback. Overall a pleasant experience staying at Beehive and I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2017

In July I stayed twice at this hotel - I stayed for work then went to a resort then came back for a transit night. I enjoyed my stay as the staff were friendly (particularly the manager, Julius), service was personal (it is a small hotel, they remember your name). Hotels in Male are not the same standard you expect in the Maldives resorts. Prices are reasonable and a simple but adequate breakfast was included. My first room was a decent size, with a great international adapter powerboard under the "desk" which was super handy. It would have been good to have a powerpoint adapter near the bed as well (or USB points as some hotels now offer), as I found my adapter and the one I borrowed from reception not to work very well in the power points (both kept falling out). The downside of this room was the slat blinds were not block out and I was woken very early every day by daylight streaming in. The water pressure was terrible and the wifi is only set for short stays so you have to get new codes all the time. I had a rock hard pillow but they gave me a softer one on request. In fact the staff tried to help with anything they could. Unfortunately the room on the second visit didn't have any adapter points and had a tiny bathroom where the shower sprayed over the toilet and sink. It was however recently refurbished and had carpet (quieter) and great block out curtains. Both stays there was a large item of renovating equipment stored in the hallway right next to the lift - they are short on space but this was annoying as you had to walk around it to get to the lift or stairs. Small things though as I find service always makes the difference.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
BEEHIVE_Hotel_Mgt, Hotel Supervisor at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Judegoldy,

Thanks for leaving a review and appreciating how friendly the staffs are. you’re right, service is personalized as we remember your names.

I would like to thank you for the time spent with your recent stay with us as well as giving us your time writing a feedback. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed where area is necessary needs to improve with the service we provide to our valued guest, only then we will have to figure out what makes every guests happy and is more convenient, honestly we are always on the look out and is serious to finding solutions that would help with whatever guests needs for their comfort.

Furthermore, I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience happened with your stay experience. It was not the standard we strive to achieve and deliver good service with our guest. I will be more aware and will engaged with them so to know exactly their needs and wants.
I will be very glad if you could send me a mail: julius@beehivehotels.com
and share your ideas to prevent this occurence and also to improve our quality of products and services and if anything that I can give off service, please let me know.

Once again, Thank you for the feedback and despite of your stay less than perfect, I look forward and able to welcome you back at THE BEEHIVE HOTEL - MALDIVES in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Booked the Beehive hotel last minute as our flight was delayed. The manager was so friendly and helpful. He could not have done more for us. Only a very short 5hr stay but excellent customer service. A quick complimentary transfer from the boat. Room was very comfortable and modern.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BEEHIVE_Hotel_Mgt, Hotel Supervisor at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Nic0lad235.

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. it is my greatest honor and duty to provide excellent service. as with my team, we take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.
If you're traveling to maldives again soon, please let us know as we are looking forward to welcome you back at the Beehive Hotel - Maldives!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here again for 6 nights on business.
This was another great stay and Julius and his team made me very welcome and nothing is ever a problem.
This time the wifi was great which is really important for my trip.
You have to get another code every 24 hrs or so but I don't have a problem with that.
Food is very reasonably priced and good.
I had a business suite which is spacious and had enough room for my work.
TV good with lots of channels and English film channels , I think there is more than the last time I was here.
Room service quick and polite.
This is a perfect location for me as it's only a few minutes from my work and only 10-15 mins drive (dependent on traffic) to the ferry.
Taxis work out about £1.50 any route or destination.
My colleague is staying here for business at the end of July & I am back in Male in October and will be booking the Beehive again.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Steve,

Your appreciation is our greatest reward. we are honored to read your kind and encouraging review regarding the entire service our team provides.
we are delighted to know that you had a great time staying with us again!
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
Definitely, the entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.
Once again, our Big thanks for being one of our valued guests and always choosing the hotel to stay whenever you have business trip in the maldives.
Looking forward to welcome you again and again as the Beehive Hotel will always be your home in the Maldives!