“Good for a dog friendly place”
Review of Boathouse - CLOSED

Boathouse
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Manager great, servers could be more knowledgeable but they try. Food is good I recommend the steak. Best thing is it's dog friendly and the response rate from a question asked via their facebook page was phenomenal as they got back to me almost immediately and offered to hold us a table. Will return.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

very normal food serve and its on the salty side. u could the see the chef /boss face turned black when we pointed out the food is too slaty . prices are on high side for such normal food serve.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

The ambiance, food and services are great!. The staffs are polite and attentive. Never have wrong order so far. Worth the time and penny!

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

Visited Boathouse after much talk amongst my group of friends. The place looks old and tired on first impression and after settling down, we sum it to be a bar first than a restaurant. We ordered an appetizer of stirfry roast pork with garlic, a typical bar snack. The pork was extremly dry, it was difficult to chew and there was too much sugar on the dish. Our main was a cheesy pork burger which cost around RM40++ was just like any other burger in town (pork patty, fried egg, ham, cheese with over flowing cheese sauce on burger bun with country style fries). The cheesy part was similar to the cheese sauce in a lasgna... overall the food tasted allright but not enough for a second visit mainly due to the price that we paid in comparison with what else that is available in Klang Valley.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

This is my first time at the Boathouse, but my host for lunch tells me it's been around for a very long time. And I can understand why -- it's the kind of place you keep coming to for a regular family meal, and it's exactly the kind of restaurant my parents would like to have their Sunday outing at.

The service was attentive and the food was pretty decent; there was a one-for-one offer on the lunch set meal, which offers great value.

I had the set lunch (and asked for the extra meal from the one for one promo to be packed as a take away).

The pumpkin soup was thick, creamy and very tasty. And I enjoyed every bit of it. I would have loved a small slice of warm bread & butter with it, but at RM20+ for the whole 3-course lunch, that would have been plain greedy. The other option for the starter was the garden salad, but I don't think it would have come close to the soup.

There was an extensive selection for the main course -- I chose the Chef's Special, a Hainanese Lamb Chop. Slightly unusual this; a more common option would be the Hainanese Chicken Chop. It was different, but didn't disappoint. The sauce was thick, dark and a little too sweet, but tasted good. The one piece of chop wasn't too big, but big enough for me. And well cooked; cooked through without being rubbery. It was a bit bony, though. Lots of brocolli and generous serving of carrots too; both nicely done.

For dessert, there was a small creme brulee topped with half a strawberry; it was a very small portion but excellent.

My host had the onion soup for a starter; she said it was tasty but way too thick. And the lamb she had (not sure what it's called but it comes with a lot of fried garlic on top), was pronounced tasty.

The coffee we had to round it off was very nice. And the milk jug was big and the portion generous.

All in, it was a very pleasant lunch. Good food, attentive service, excellent value.

The restaurant itself is very 70's - early 80's in feel, with spanish style walls, lots of shell finishes and a bar counter with a fish tank built in. Lovely wood floors. The table set-up allowed for space and privacy, and table settings were old fashioned but neat and attractive.

The whole Boathouse could do with a update, but that's a small price to pay for excellent value.