1,038 results
All reviews bukit bintang rooftop pool boutique hotel rain shower walking distance first floor great shower pavilion mall bus stop petronas towers street food mrt station comfy bed nasi lemak shopping area excellent location rooms are spacious
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for three night here. Our room was on the 5th floor. It was clean and had everything we need. There isn't a lot of storage space for clothes if your staying for any length of time. Our room was ready when we arrived. We were given complementary bottled water every day and there were soft drinks in the mini bar which were also complementary. The bathroom was good with a really powerful shower. Breakfast were good with a selection of hot and cold food. The swimming pool is on the top floor and was nice after a day of sightseeing. The hotel in right in the centre and well place for restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolinecropper
KLJournal, Guest Relations Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Carolinecropper,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad that you had such a good time at The KL Journal, and especially enjoyed the space, shower, breakfast, rooftop pool, and the convenience of the location!

We cannot wait to welcome you back again!

#KLJournal #BookmarkYourExperience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice boutique hotel in a centralised location, check-in and check-out was easy.
The morning breakfast was average but with variety, you get to order one cooked item from a menu.
It only takes a few minutes walk to Jalan Alor - the food haven of KL which can be overwhelming for first time visitors to such crowd madness. After dinner, stroll to Changkat - for nightlife.

The Room, big, modern, clean and loved how the room had a local display on the wall. Nice add-on for the complementary minibar drinks

The rooftop bar is a nice spot to chill for a bit for a cocktail or two.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
KLJournal, General Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dragontml ,

Warm Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Kuala Lumpur Journal and do visit our hotel's website for some great offers.

Thank you once again and do drop me a note if I can be of any assistance.

Many thanks

gm@kljournal.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was going to be a good review but after my last night at this hotel, I’m downgrading it. The hotel itself is nice, in a good location – close to transit and shopping and within walking distance to the major attractions. My room was a good size with a big comfy bed. The breakfast buffet contained a good variety of foods with eggs prepared on order. And a dip in the rooftop pool was a refreshing way to end a day of sightseeing – although I could have done without the techno-pop music blaring out of several speakers – it really did not fit the ambience of sitting poolside in the late afternoon. Although it’s only 3 years old, the hotel is beginning to show its age – the carpet in the hall on my floor was stained in several places, the towels were frayed and there were marks on the walls. That was the good part. So why the downgrade? On my last night, a Sunday, there was a party at the pool bar advertised to run from 3 pm to 10 pm. I had an early morning flight but I thought, that’s ok – it will end early enough that I will still get a good night’s sleep. 10 o’clock came and went and the music (techno pop) was still blasting – loud (even while wearing earplugs) 6 floors below. 2 hours and 4 phone calls later - first being told I was wrong about the time and being ignored until, at the end, I yelled and cursed - the music finally stopped. I understand that hotels need to bring in other sources of revenue and bars can be lucrative. What I don’t understand is why the hotel would put that above the comfort of their guests. When I checked out in the morning, not a word was said by hotel staff – no apology – nothing.

So that take away here is that if you like a hotel that is more peaceful and quiet where staff respect their guests – this hotel is not for you (I would never have stayed at this hotel if I’d known that this party was taking place during my stay).

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Dear Mimico14,

Thank you for taking for sharing your feedback with us. We are truly sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay with us. We have taken note on your concerns about the pool party at The Swimming Club and we will definitely look into this to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our in house guests.

We hope that you will pay us another visit very soon and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves

Please drop me a note personally at gm@kljournal.com if I can be of any assistance

Many thanks

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my hubby had a short getaway to KL for some reconnection moments and we happened to see this hotel as one of the options for bookings.We had no regret choosing KL Journal because the 2 nights we spend there has been smooth sailing.Breezy check in and check out, good breakfasts and centralised location.

The best things i love:

The room of course and superb rainshower. Room is instaworthy kinda.

The least things i dislike:

The view from my room (level 5) was quite disappointing and there were some drillings done during my stay there.

Oh may i add GRAB is easily available to get ,around this hotel :)

Walking distance to LOT 10, Fahrenheit and Pavillion!Mcdonalds around the corner and LRT just a stone away. The best thing about this hotel is slightly secluded from the hustle and bustle and throngs of crowd :)

Wouldnt mind staying there again next time!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
KLJournal, Guest Relations Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ella M,

Thank you for the awesome perfect 5/5 score!

We are truly glad to hear that you had a good experience at The KL Journal, and that you would not hesitate to stay with us again. Hope you had many nice pictures taken from our Instaworthy spaces, do remember to tag us at @thekljournal if you do post them!

Please also accept our apology regarding drilling - the hotel is indeed currently undergoing renovations to upgrade and maintain the space for the comfort of future guests.

Thanks again, and we can't wait to welcome you back again!

#KLJournal #BookmarkYourExperience

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hi there, will review my two night stay here in the KL Journal and try to keep it short but helpful :)

Booking – This is usually where a lot of hotels seem to do poorly and the KL Journal was no exception.
I personally prefer to deal with the hotel directly and negotiate a deal however one of their promotions was running out at the end of the month and so I was unable to book my two nights on their website as it would only allow me to book one night or the promo wouldn’t show up. The hotel then refused to entertain me on the promo for another night since it spilled into October. I then had the option of paying regular rate for the second night or booking on Agoda for about 10% cheaper. Since the hotel also refused to match the Agoda rate (Which is surprising considering they indicate on their website it’s the cheapest place to purchase) I had to create a second booking which would continue throughout my stay to not only inconvenience me but also the confused hotel staff :)

Check-In – We had to go out and come back as the hotel was very busy but the check in was pretty smooth with the exception of as indicated above, I had two reservations and this confused almost everyone I spoke with who worked for the hotel. When I indicated this the gentleman at the front desk told me I would have to book an extension and then one of the ladies stepped in and checked the Agoda pile and found it. She also confirmed when I asked that my room would stay the same for both nights.

On a better note the hotel is great to look at and the lobby is nice, very boutique and a great smell and vibe. The restaurant in the lobby seems to be directly run by the hotel so this makes the breakfast experience great as it offers a buffet and an a la carte combo order. Overall was impressed with the “feel” of the place :)

The place is also located right in between the party/night life area and shopping places of Bukit Bintang so it is perfect :) Lot’s of nice places to eat nearby especially Indian style and kebabs.

The Room - What can I say? For how much I spent the room is exquisite. It’s big it’s modern, it’s clean and had an amazingly comfortable bed. The promo included some drinks and well if you were to ever wish for a nice place to spend a few night this would be it :)

The Amenities – The gym was small but perfect for a quick run in the morning before breakfast. The pool bar was nice and I was surprised at how busy it was the night we had a drink there. Bit expensive but not unlike the other trendy places in the BB area. The breakfast a la carte was a bit small but tasty and I really hated to leave this place because of how nice it felt to live here for a few days despite the staff challenges.

The Staff / Service – Now not to take away from the staff as it’s unclear as to if the challenges are a management thing or just a not enough people thing. The staff all seemed to be under a lot of pressure as there were not enough folks to help the demands of the hotel most of the time. Everyone working for the hotel that spoke to me were 100% clueless to that I booked one night through the hotel and one through Agoda to the point of where on the second night after confirming everything the guy cleaning the room informed me that I would be paying for a late check out even though I wasn’t checking out. (I guess no one informed him about my other booking) They kept on asking me if I wanted to extend my booking and pay more lol. Irritating :)

It’s like a serious lack of communication as I kept having to confirm that I was good to go for the second night AND staying in the same room despite being discussed multiple times. And this leads back to how they could have made things so much cooler just by working something out with me instead of forcing me to book on a third party site to get what their website said they were giving.

The only other bit of “weirdness” was when the lobby semi shuts down they have a sign telling you to use the door on your left to leave/enter the only issue was that it was the same sign both sides. They seemed to find it funny when I mentioned it perhaps thinking I am just dumb :) I dunno but for me I would want to make sure my hotel was clear of silly little things that make it look less professional, but it wasn’t big deal more comical then anything else :)

Conclusion – I love the hotel, the place is amazing just wish they would be a bit cooler on the booking especially when dealing with particular situations. Also ensure that all staff have the proper training and are kept updated so that everyone stays in contact and that the guests (and staff lol) don’t have to exert heaps of extra effort just to ensure a smooth stay.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the staff to give you the rooms with any view as you might be sad...
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Passion4u ,

Thank you for the taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us at The Kuala Lumpur Journal.

I have personally read through all the points and would like to offer our apologies especially on handling your reservations. We should have been more helpful and worked out a better room package for you. Please allow me to work closely with my team on this matter and which I am sure we will handle this much better in the future.

With regards to the lobby being semi closed at late nights, this is a security measure that we practice to ensure the safety and comfort our guests. The lobby can only be accessible by our in house guests by swiping their room key card at the side entrance to gain entry into the hotel lobby.

I am glad that overall you had a really pleasant stay with us and we definitely would like you to come back and visit us again in the near future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and giving us the opportunity to further improve ourselves to ensure customer satisfaction. Please drop me a note at gm@kljournal.com if I can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards