1,039 results
All reviews bukit bintang rooftop pool boutique hotel rain shower walking distance first floor great shower pavilion mall bus stop street food petronas towers mrt station comfy bed nasi lemak shopping area excellent location rooms are spacious
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

The KL Journal Hotel is so amazing even beyond my expectation,it is my favorite hotel during my stay period in KL.
There are five reasons make me highly recommend this hotel:
1.Design: The design of the room and lobby is just like what you see in the official website,even I have lived in many 5 stars hotels but I really like the room design of
Jounal, I will decorate my own room like this one day.
2. Location: Journal is not only nearby the Metro(although we all took grab ),but also nearby Pavilion,lot 10 and Jalan Alor(although 黃亞華really really really sucks),I highly highly recommend ‘南香‘restaurant in Pavilion Elite,that is the most delicious ,relaxing and worth value restaurant I have ever ate in KL(I hv been to KL for 5 times),it is even cheaper than 黃亞華.
3.Good Policy: If you book the room through their official website, you can get the best price and complimentary for many things(mini bar,breakfast and late checkout).
4.Nice staffs: All the staffs in Journal are so nice and helpful,especially the room clean keeper!!!He did really really well, my room number is 404, the skill of that room keeper is even better than W hotel, the room after cleaning just like never be used before that really amazed us, I really really appreciate , please please add his salary!
5.Breakfast:In KL you would never no need to worry hungry,there are so many delicious choices,but I still need to say,the breakfast in Journal is really good,although the items are not as more as other hotel, but the coffee,tea,fish ball noodles (my favorite)are soooooo goodddddd!Furthermore especially the cups!I do like that cups even wanted to buy,and the taste of yogurt is so natural and healthy just like what we handmade in home,everything is so unforgettable!
Last but not least,the hair dryer in Journal is Valera’ made in swisszerland , that is only used in Dubai 6 star ship hotel and some SPG 5 star hotels, I can hardly believe that Journal can provide so luxury facilities, all in all I will definitely come
back again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Experience805713
KLJournal, Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi dear, Greetings from The Kuala Lumpur Journal!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your lovely review here with us. Our team is truly delighted to hear that you were happy with your overall stay experience. We at The Journal look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We booked into this hotel on arrival. Rooms were available, although we had to "book" online in the hotel lobby - they would not honour the online price unless we booked online!

Our room was clean and comfortable, with a really comfy bed and spacious bathroom. The bathroom was really good, with a powerful shower, lots of sink space and a large mirror with good lighting.

Our only criticism is that we specifically requested a 'quiet' room. The room we were given was on a low floor next to the road, directly above the bar/restaurant where they hold performances every night (definitely avoid Thursday's open mic night... awful!). We were also right next to the elevators. This meant that our room was anything but quiet!

The hotel itself is in a really good location. A 5-minute walk to Bukit Bintang station, KL Pavilion and around 20 minutes to the Petronas Towers. Plenty of shops, restaurants and 7/11s nearby. A really good base.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlist10

Dear wanderlist10,

Greetings from The Kuala Lumpur Journal! Thank you so much for taking the time to your review here with us and duly noted on your overall stay experience and the area where we could improve on. We at the KL Journal look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

First of all, the location itself is so convenient. It really is in the heart of KL where all the great events and nightlife are at. All the tourist-y sites, eateries and shopping areas are within walking distance. Pavilion, Bukit Bintang.. all so near. Even if you have no plans on going out, staying indoors is just as great. You have the gym, the beautiful infinity pool with a view of the cityscape or you can just chill at their in-house eateries. Also, they have the best fish head curry at the The Terrace Bar & Grill. Loved it. Room, cosy. I had an amazing peaceful sleep. Seriously. Thank you KL Journal Hotel. Your hospitality was topnotch.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Siti Wajihah K
KLJournal, Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Siti Wajihah,

Greetings from The Kuala Lumpur Journal! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review! Truly glad that you were happy with our hospitality and enjoyed the convenience of staying with us and thanks for recommending!

#BookmarkYourExperience #KLJournal

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Fantastic location in the centre of Bukit Bintang which is one of the major shopping and restaurant districts of KL. It is also about 15mins walk from the Petronas Towers.with views of the towers from the pool/ bar on the top level.

Staff are really friendly, the hotel is very clean and modern, great value for money, loved the infinity pool on the roof, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic (offers hot and cold options and is included in room price if you book early and direct through the hotel).

Room Tip: The hotel offers a significant discount on rooms and free buffet breakfasts if you book 3 or more months in advance direct with the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah J
KLJournal, Manager at The Kuala Lumpur Journal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Sarah J,

Greetings from The Kuala Lumpur Journal! Thank you so much for sharing this warm review! We value your feedback. Truly glad that you were happy with our hospitality and enjoyed the convenience of staying with us. The KL Journal team would very much love to welcome you back for another visit in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We've been unfortunately relying on the pictures and some reviews on TA and Booking.com. However the reality is totally different from a non friendly front office staff to bad smelling rooms (the room was actually smelling cigarette). Also the walls were very dirty and the bathroom was having stain on the ground and very old towels were displayed in it. The room was also smelling humidity and sweat most probably coming from the air conditioning which looks like non having a proper maintenance. Never staying there again - many option in KL where you do have super affordable 4 and 5 stars hotels. I've shared some pictures to illustrate my review.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank badredinb

Dear Badredin B,

Greetings from the Kuala Lumpur Journal! It's unfortunate that we are unable to meet your expectation during your stay with us. Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel, nonetheless, duly noted on all your feedback and will definitely look into that for improvement.

The KL Journal look forward to welcome you to stay with us in near future.