4,845 results
All reviews the executive lounge sentral station klia express le meridien rain shower excellent hotel business trip convenient location public transport main restaurant shopping mall buffet breakfast bukit bintang petronas towers airport zeta vasco
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was a family trip, over 12 days, of which 9 nights were spent at the Hilton KL. I had the good fortune of staying twice during this period with a short trip to Langkawi squeezed in.

I don't typically write reviews yet always read them when planning my trip. As my stay was so positive I felt compelled to write something this time.

The Room: I stayed on the 22nd floor (first trip) and the 27th floor (second trip). I would recommend the lake view over the city view as you get a better feeling, but both are great and if I hadn't seen the lake view I would have been very happy with the city view too. The rooms feel modern and fresh, and well equipped with power points and even usb charging which is super useful.

The staff: This is what really sets the hotel apart from others that I have stayed in. You definitely have a family feel with the staff and they certainly go above and beyond to help. Mavis at the front desk was a pleasure to deal with, Mohammed made breakfasts that much better, Zaman and Hanif were the perfect bellmen and were always helpful. The fact that I personally wanted to call out some of the great people I met is testament to the place.

Location:
Being opposite Sentral station is fantastic, and makes going to places a breeze. You can take a shuttle bus from the airport right to the Sentral station (approx 45 mins) and you are literally at the hotel.

The only negative that I can think of was that the entrance of the hotel requires using one of two elevators, when the hotel has events on, or large contingent of guests arrive, you might find yourself waiting a little while to get into the elevator. Overall this was a minor issue.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms on higher floors are recommended.
4  Thank Qknow
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, General Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Qknow,

We appreciate your business and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to know that our rooms, location and breakfast quality have met your needs and expectations as we aim to uphold the standards Hilton is renowned for.

I'm thrilled that you were pleased with our hospitality. I thank you for your commendation of Mr Mavis, Mr Mohammed, Mr Zaman and Mr Hanif and have conveyed your message to them.

We do note your comment regarding the availability of elevators from the Sentral Station level to the Hotel lobby level and thank you for this. Unfortunately as this is a structural issue, we regret that we are unable to provide any immediate solution. Rest assured your feedback is taken seriously and improvements will be made should the opportunity arise.

My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Convenient location for exploring KL. The executive lounge was excellent, especially the staff. Breakfast was quite comprehensive though it was quite crowded at the main cafe. The executive lounge has a good breakfast if one is not a big eater.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank tommykstan

Dear tommykstan,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted that your overall experience had been pleasant and that you enjoyed our location, facilities and our hospitality.

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Our room was fantastic; clean; very high up; great view of the high rises. Anything we needed extra (towels, or answers to questions about how to get around, etc.) were cordially addressed. We especially want to give thanks to Harvin who is the concierge/manager up on the Executive Suites/dining level. Impeccable attention to detail; he made us feel right at home; very sincere and friendly; Harvin, including the rest of the staff at the hotel were exceptional and extremely hard workers. Our room was thoroughly cleaned each and every day. Harvin and rest of the staff deserve a raise!! I would not hesitate to stay at the Kuala Lumpur Hilton again and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only "glitch," was the safe in our room. Great feature, but it was practically Fort Knox to get into it!! Had problems each and every time we set up a code to get into it. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever! Loved our stay ........ twins, Jane and Judy, USA

Room Tip: higher up gives a better view !!
2  Thank Jane F
Hilton_Kuala_Lumpur, Manager at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear 801janef

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and I am pleased you enjoyed our hospitality.

I truly appreciate hearing from our guests and would like to thank you as well for your kind commendation of Harvin and our team from the Executive Lounge.

I do note your comment regarding the issues encountered whilst using the in-room safe deposit box and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our team will be conducting a review of the safe deposit box user instruction to ensure improvement is made for the easy understanding and use of the facility by our guest. We do encourage you to contact MAGIC, our in-house guest services team, for any assistance on your future stays with us.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Hilton Kuala Lumpur experience with fellow travellers and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Until then, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This Hilton property lived up to expectations. The hotel staff were very attentive to any and all requests such as extra towels or amenities. The hotel grounds and room on the Executive floor was excellent as were the amenities in the Executive Lounge such as breakfast choices, daily tea and cocktail but I especially want to commend the Concierge in the Executive Lounge, Harvin. He was extremely friendly yet exceptionally humble and helpful at the same time maintaining a ready smile to everyone.
As well, we utilized the ground floor restaurant for (the included) breakfast which offers a large buffet of choices including Indian, Japanese and western cuisine. Location of this hotel is great given it's proximity across the street from the KL Central Train Station (a nonstop ride from the airport about 30 minutes).
If I have any complaint it is extremely minimal - our sliding bathroom doors did not close tightly 100% with a small gap. The room safe had some contradictory directions and we had to keep choosing a new PIN to re-open it. Otherwise I would easily recommend this hotel for visitors.

1  Thank Judy L

Dear Judy L,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

We’re delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind commendation of Harvin from our Executive Lounge team.

Having said that, I am sorry to learn of your comment regarding the bathroom sliding door and safety deposit box user instruction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your comment has been shared with our team and a review of both areas has been scheduled accordingly.

Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Kuala Lumpur when you next return to this area.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The location is so convenient and easy to get to and from KLIA. Few steps away from KL Sentral to get trains and buses, with some shopping, convenient stores and eateries. The lobby seems like a meeting place for many as it's always busy and people are sitting around with their laptops. Quieter in the evening with nice ambiance and the lobby bar is a relaxing place to chill after dinner. Staffs are very friendly and attentive. Dinner at Graze was delicious with good selections of wine. Breakfast at Vasco's is too crowded and noisy. Room is beautifully lighted up as you enter. Comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom feels so grand with a good size bathtub, all clean and sparkly. Room has complete amenities. Only down side is that the Deluxe room do not have complementary Wi-Fi. We were only there for one night so we didn't opt for the executive room which has complementary Wi-Fi and also breakfast at the executive lounge. But we managed to speak to the reception who was initially hesitant to provide us with the complementary Wi-Fi, but only after we mentioned about our Hilton membership (which should be checked during check-in as the card was provided to them), then only she agreed. So therefore, I have to give a 4 star rating :( But nonetheless, all was good and Hooray to Hilton Honors!

Room Tip: If you're planning to stay for business and work, don't go for the deluxe room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Layla A

Dear Layla A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay experience with us.

Whilst we are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, we are disappointed to learn of your comment regarding the internet access.

For the benefit of the readers of this forum, we would like to clarify that complimentary WiFi access is offered in all public areas within the hotel for guest usage. Standard in-room WiFi and internet access is available on complimentary for Hilton Honors members who have booked via eligible channels, regardless of room type or category. Non-Hilton Honors™ guests are welcomed to enjoy the complimentary access for their first stay regardless of booking channels by simply agreeing to sign-up for the free Hilton Honors™ membership.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,