“Excellent hotel”

Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Once again staying at Hilton KL is a real pleasure. Very nice room, good location, good rates and staff reasonably attentive. Minor flaws are a bit of wear and tear being visible and slightly slow check-in process. But that's really minor ... In my view Hilton is Nr 2 in KL, behind Mandarin Oriental but ahead of all the others.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank swiss_global_trip
Write a ReviewReviews (4,475)

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Situated an absolute stone's thro from KL Sentral station, with express trains to the airport, the hotel offered every amenity a business guest could wish for. Taxis, if required, were always available and the metro/subway provided fast and easy access to other business districts of the city.

The room I had was spacious, and well appointed. The bathroom and shower room had really good water pressure. Towels and bed linen all felt crisp and new.

I thought that the price of soft drinks in the hotel's (many and varied) public areas seemed a little on the high side but that is my only gripe. On the really positive side, when my driver failed to arrive for a midnight pick-up to get me to the airport, the hotel was able to respond immediately and I walked up to the airport check-in desk forty miniutes after alerting the hotel to my fast approaching state of panic.

I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Beds4U
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My wife and I are stayed in KL Hilton many times since the opening and we love it.
KL like a second home for us and we will keep going back:-)
I have not used all the outlets in the hotel due to a lot of place out side the hotel to try. But I used breakfast buffet, lobby bar coffee and room service and all up to my expectation and belivev me I am a friquent traveller and my expectation is very high.
If you miss your breakfast I suggest go to lobby bar, great food and great coffee late.
I have seen at least dozens of night club and bars in KL and I think Zeta bar is one of the best in town.
Good job guys and thanks for great service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Istanbul034
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed at the Hilton for one night as its proximity to the airport train made it easy for catching an early morning flight. Unfortunately for the Hilton I had spent the rest of my time while in KL at the Shangri-La. The Shangri-La was a class above, both in terms of quality of ammenities and the quality of service provided by staff. So the Hilton had A LOT to live up to. While some staff at the Hilton were friendly and welcoming, I encountered a number who where extremely cold and rude, even "smug", which unfortunately tainted my experience. I would like to make special note of the barman and manager at "Vintage". I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. I was suprised to find that it took me about 30 seconds to drink it. It turned out that the glass was filled with ice all the way to the top. I told the waiter that I was not prepared to pay full price for the drink. He insisted that he could not alter the price: He was also "smug" in his attitude. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager offered me a second drink "on the house". This time I watched the barman make the drink: He was not too happy with me. However, the Long Island Ice Tea was made properly this time. Some 30 minutes later I was walking past the bar on my way outside. The bar manager made a sarcastic comment about me to a another staff member as I walked past. This sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable in a hotel of this rating. What is even more perplexing is that I am an easy customer: I am pleasant, I generally don't complain, and I am responsible. I can only wonder if (1) the staff at the Hilton are miserable working there, or (2) some staff members treated me with disdain as I was a single, western female travelling alone AND I drank alcohol (oh my!). To cap things off, the staff member at check-out was a young male who was also smug and sarcastic, although he attempted to hide his attitude by use of a craven smile (e.g. he made a sarcastic comment about the 187ml bottle of wine I consumed from the mini-bar). I will not chose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank zerobloodalcohol
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed here in January and though it was only a short stay it was perfect. Service was outstanding. Our plane arrived really early and they were nice enough to quickly get our room ready and let us check in before the normal check in time for no extra charge. The location is fantastic, across the road from the central station. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in KL.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple