See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on a layover to Penang, chose it because it was cheap and close to the monorail. The room was ok, a bit claustrophobic for me. The big downside for us what that the shower did not work which was not great after traveling all day (was like a trickle and no hot water). Don't know if I'd stay here again as was a bit out of the way for us, but for the money and one night was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillianBlanche
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel location is excellent... near the monorail station and near busy roads (so it's easy to get a cab). The hotel staff was quite friendly over my three day visit. The rooms themselves and the furnishings are low quality. The toilet seat was broken (the hinge was totally broken off). The toilet made loud noises for up to half an hour after flushing. The shower was terrible: sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes very little, sometimes a lot of water. The bedsheets were very aged. The bed itself wasn't comfortable: a very cheap mattress for sure. The toilet paper holder was so far up, I'd have to jump to reach it (not kidding!). No window.

I understand the hotel is cheap but there's no excuse for broken toilet seats, and it's okay to have old furnishings, but this hotel has crappy AND old furnishings. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank W13
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and we like this budget friendly boutique hotel. Although the room is windowless and small, everything else is clean and very homey. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It's about 10 minutes walk to the train station. I'll stay here again next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miraabduh
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I chose the Nest Boutique Hotel after obsessively looking for a "bargain" place to stay in KL that was close enough to a monorail station that I could walk to without too much trouble with my large luggage. Nest Boutique is indeed right next to the Chow Kit Monorail Station & I paid about $29 a night through Agoda.

Besides being convenient to the station, I was very impressed with the friendly guy who worked at the front desk. He was a great source of information about anything KL (and Malaysia). Food, shopping, transportation, train stations... you name it. He was genuinely eager to make sure my visit to the city was going to be a good one.

Now the rooms... they were OK. Clean with a comfortable bed and the wifi was excellent. Problem is that they are kinda small and there was no window. If you are claustrophobic, you might not want to stay here. On the other hand, it was quiet as a tomb so getting to sleep was not a problem.

I was not planning on spending a lot of time in my room while in Kuala Lumpur so staying here was fine for a few nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank pd-dp
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The room is very comfortable and we enjoy our stay here. It is very worth it with the price we pay and the room is clean as well. For the location, the place was mostly surrounded by local Malays and foreigners, so we actually had difficulties looking for chinese coffee shop nearby for breakfast. However, the chowkit monorail station is just few minutes walking distance from the hotel so no problem for us to travel around (Bukit bintang station is just 4 station away from chowkit station). The hotel does not provide car park but there is a private car park behind the hotel charging RM 5 per entry. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay here in Nest boutique hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family