3,607 results
All reviewsthe club loungeessence restaurantvilla danielicelestial courtmonorail stationquill city mallwalk in wardrobespg memberpetronas towerschinese restaurantstar hotelbukit bintangspacious roombuffet breakfastgolden triangleconciergeellie
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We arrive close to midnight after an 11.5 hour flight from Auckland plus the hour travel to the hotel. Check in is fine. The room is big and we want to fall in too bed. We are shattered. We peel back the sheets and they are filthy. Marks and stains all over. We call down. We want the bedding changed. After half an hour of waiting after a promise of the issue being looked into no-one arrives. We call again to advise we will sleep on top of the bedding without covers.

Next day we notice the fire sprinkler in the bathroom is stuffed with tissue. Oh joy..... We missed it the night before owing to fatigue. If stood out in the cold light of day.

We complained at reception. Problems solved. In part. No apologies, no recompense..... Not even a complimentary drink for the hassle of sleeping on a disgusting bed.

To cap it all.... We checked out at 10am, only to find another guest had put a considerable charge on our room. The hotel was happy to accept a room number and not a name. We had to wait while they went through the signed receipts to confirm we had not accrued these charges.

Or so we thought ....having checked out we did a few bits about town. We went up to the pool bar and told them we had checked out, gave them our previous room details and agreed a tab. We were more than happy to sign for each order and we had about 3 drinks and food. Each time we were hassled to pay so we actually left in the end.

Finally, I e-mailed my room issues to the e-mail address I was given after the first night issues. Guess what???? No reply thus far.

We will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Mish1012
SIKLManagement, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Your valuable feedback are really appreciated. We regret that the standards of our service delivery made you so disappointed. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We strive to improve the quality of our service so we will appreciate if you could contact me directly at derrick.felix@sheraton.com to provide the details of your stay experience. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The welcoming door men were very friendly and smiling upon our arrival however, it's a shame, the same cannot be said about the reception staff.
I was not greeted with a smile. No further advise was given about the other hotel services.
The room was average with a view out of the window.
Housekeeping was very poor as only the bed was made but no additional cleaning by the housekeeping staff. We had to continually remind them that we were three guests in the room but the complimentary water and all other toiletries were supplied to cater two people. This continued for a few days at our annoyance.
On a positive, the variety for breakfast was very good with food made as per guest requirement. We were attended to by Josephine, who was a waiting member of staff in the restaurant. She was very helpful and always smiling.
Sadly, the same cannot be said about the dinner service. The dinner food was on an expensive side with very small portion size. It was not enough to feed a five year old person. We ordered Malaysian chicken on two different occasion and the portions were different both times. We complained to the waitress who said she would go and see the chef and come back to us. She never returned so as a result we raised a complaint with the 'welcoming member of staff' at the restaurant service desk. I explained that this type of service would be unacceptable in the UK and that we were very disappointed with the level of service. Although she did have a complimentary dessert sent to the room the damage had already been done.
At the time of our departure, we saw many guests expressing their dissatisfaction at the reception desk to virtually deaf ears.
Overall, a fairly good hotel but very bad customer service.

Room Tip: Rooms high up and facing the Kuala Lumpur Tower are slightly more expensive with fairly good views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
21  Thank Deepa P

Your valuable feedback are really appreciated. We regret that the standards of our service delivery made you so disappointed. Please accept our most sincere apologies. I have taken into account the aspects you mentioned and met with the Department Manager to discuss your input and are working on ways to ensure that we do not disappoint any other guest in a similar ways as we strive to improve the quality of our service. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I'm here for 4th anniversary trip with my boyfriend and this is my second time here. Upon arrival the male staff at the front desk was so friendly and kind. At that time the room was not ready yet but he offered me alternatives either going out for shopping or having afternoon tea at the hotel whist waiting. I went up to the club escorted by the bell man and had a chance to meet Mr. Fairis, VIP & Club manager. He took a very good care of us and treated us as if I was one of his family. I felt so warm like home. What a special guest ever! Another things surprised me was they set up nice things; cake and rose for my anniversary in the room and made us felt more special. I really appreciated it! Even it was a short trip, everyone here made my days. Thanks for a memorable memory and I will come here again definitely.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel from 19th June -24th June. Overall experience was not up to 5*standard. There were no information provided while doing the check in about the hotel services, I believe as a five star hotel should be offered.For the evening service until unless not asked you wouldn't get it, even after informing them that our room is not serviced ,we got it serviced but not as expected from a 5* hotel.
When it comes to spa services , I can say I'll never go to a Mandara Spa again in my life.As we saw it's Mandara Spa ,we reluctantly decided to go for a massage as we thought it's a reliable one but to my shock it was a worst spa experience in my whole trip to Malaysia.The therapist I guess ,does't know what they were doing.I'm a spa professional so I can clearly understand how incompetent they were. We wanted to give some feedback but neither got any comment card from the spa receptionist nor they asked us about the experience. Even while checking out in the reception no one asked for any feedback ,that's indicate clearly that we were not in 5star hotel and that to be Sheraton an Starwood hotels.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Virendra K
SIKLManagement, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

We regret that we were unable to meet your expectations on this visit and we really appreciate your feedback. We strive to improve the quality of our service so we will appreciate if you could contact me directly at derrick.felix@sheraton.com to provide the details of your stay experience. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Classic hotel, but they've done very well maintenance.. strategic location and easy parking. Stayed in 37th floor with city view. Breakfast was also good, taste and variety wise. Will surely return again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple