4,427 results
All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersraja chulan monorail stationbreakfast buffet ishotel lobbylocation is excellentpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksmstaxisindianasia
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Sitting in the lobby now, just after having a great breakfast. The omelete chefs are good,a good selection of food as well as a selection of guest, lots of business travelers as well as holiday makers
The bedrooms are a good size clean and awesome showers!
More than happy with hotel just a shame no WiFi in the rooms

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 3 December 2012

In my opinion, Hotel Istana is perhaps the oldest and worst 5-star hotel in the region. It does not help that the service standard of its staff has deteriorated. What's attractive about it is perhaps only price and location, though there are many 5-star hotels with good locations, e.g Grand M, Marriott, Westin.

Facilities
(a) Room key was not working
(b) Mini bar fridge was not cold
(c) LAN cable was damaged

(a) Staff who shook hands with you could not remember you 2 hours later
(b) Staff accused us of damaging the room key
(c) Staff (reception, service leader and manager) did not respond to verbal and written feedback
(d) No response to cancellation of booking

This hotel used to be my no 1 choice whenever I travel to KL. However, after this unpleasant experience (30/11-3/12), I will never stay here again. In fact, I've just cancelled my booking at Hotel Istana from 23/12-26/12.

Room Tip: Go for Club Room or Club Suite to avoid hassle at the reception
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AndySee79
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here in room 1916 for one week and could not have asked for a friendlier hotel. Yes the shower could do with a renovation and likewise new carpet in the hallway was needed,but I would still give "thumbs up" to a beautiful Malaysian owned hotelWe found the Club Lounge perfect for relaxation after a days shopping and the staff always welcoming.Happy Hour was pure joy with different hot savouries and drinks each night. The day we were leaving staff were putting up the Christmas decorations which were very elegant.Another plus for this hotel is the fact that it is across the road from the Mono Rail.It only cost $3 to travel all week using a Rapid Card.Just touch on and off.

Room Tip: Book a Club room,worth the extra money
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bedfordrees86
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed here for one night at the end of Nov 12 as I was attending a dinner event in the same hotel. The hotel lobby is grand and impressive. The courtyard and the gardens look the part as well. My room was large and the toilet was of an impressive size. However this hotel has clearly seen better days as the rooms are old and tired.

I have no doubt that if the owners would spend some money to restore it to its former glory it will rival the Shangri Las in the region.

I had a coffee in the lobby to kill some time and I really liked the way they served my coffee with sugar sticks. Classy, regal, grand... but then again it should be something special for RM20.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Overall a good hotel to stay in in Kuala Lumpur. The location is good, with the major malls and KLCC & Petronas Towers pretty close by. The breakfast buffet offers an amazing spread. One major turnoff for me was that the lounge allows smoking. The rooms are good though not soundproof - we could constantly hear one warring couple!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple