4,430 results
All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersraja chulan monorail stationbreakfast buffet ishotel lobbylocation is excellentpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksmstaxisindianasia
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed 3 nights in club suite, great room, lovely club lounge, nice pool area. ideal Hotel to explore KL from. Staff were excellent. Good value for money in KL.We then moved to their sister property The Danna in Langkawi, absolutely amazing !!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Our first time to KL and Hotel Istana we didn't know what to except, before leaving we had read reviews on trip adviser about the hotel, and was debating whether we should stay here...glad we did. We were welcomed at reception by very friendly staff..arrived early morning and we were taken to the club room for breakfast...very good service and food....our room was ready within 45 mins...if you are staying at this hotel book a club room its WORTH it...rooms are big and you get to enjoy the club room facilities...breakfast [if you are staying more than 1 night also have breakfast in the brasserie more variety of food]...staff also very friendly and welcoming.
Also by booking the Club room you can have afternoon tea, and evening drinks from 5.30pm to 7.30pm (spirits,soft drinks, wine) and the finger foods are divine.) Reading previous bad reviews about staff is not true...very nice people and always welcoming..and the lobby bar is good to have a night cap before heading back to your room..We recommend this hotel and we will be returning to the Istana when we head back to Kulua Lumper. Also it is close to shops,restaurants and monorail...

Room Tip: Book a Clubroom
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This hotel has everything going for it - it has a majestic feel, with lots of space everywhere. The rooms were lovely and your every need was met with by efficient staff. There are beautiful gardens and a fabulous outside pool.

The best feature is the staff who go out of your way with their welcoming and cheerful disposition. I had my extended family requiring three rooms, and the hotel went out of their way to ensure we were together and all the kids had their electronic needs catered for!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Had very bad experience on 04th June morning. While having breakfast i left my mobile on table and was talking to my freind sitting on table next to me. Within 2 mnts my blackberry was stolen. No help from hotel managment and staff. Security did drill of body search on staff but that was an eye wash. Front office manager promised all help and he will send me information on follow up. Till day have no intimation from hotel or any one from Managment. Whole tour was spoiled because of this incident on last day. it hurt me more as i lost my all data of 15 years and no one in hotel regretted on that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed in HOTEL ISTANA for 3d2n. Thou i've been to KL for countless times, this is my 1st stay here. Everything else wAs fine.. Location is good, breakfast is superb.. But when i wanna check in, this reception staff who's not local, she's from Nepal, said someone else with the same name as mine has checked in... Wth? I jz arrived in KL & how is that possible. She did some check & blablabla.. I think she made a mistake & didnt even apologise for it. Tsk.. Other than that, everything else is fine!! :))

• Stayed: June 2011