All reviews zam zam restaurant sogo mall rain shower basic amenities mini fridge iron board single room central location hotel staff bukit bintang lrt hairdryer
Reviewed 5 May 2016

The room is convenient and nice. The cleanliness is excellent. The service is good. I would recommend this hotel to others. It is perfect for those who is planning for vacation as it is near to the shopping area.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 4 May 2016

I booked a layover at this hotel based on the fact that they advertise that they have a shuttle. The fact is that this is NOT true... It ended up costing me an extra $100 to take a taxi to the hotel and back. The room is very small and old looking, the tap was broken in the bathroom and rooms are very small. I must say that the bed was good and everything was clean. Although it won an award in 2012, please note that that was a long time ago and the condition has absolutely changed.It had a flat screen tv, but I was not able to get the tv to work.... There was a very strange oder in the hotel. This is the first ever that I am giving any place a 2 star.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Being seasoned travellers we are used to dealing with problems now and again and how the hotel deals with problems is more important.
1. Room card did not work in slot when we checked in, it took 2 trips up and down before they moved us to a new room.
2. Safe did not work and needed re programming.
3. Room we booked explicitly stated city view and our room had no windows
4. Did not clean room
5. Did not provide water
6. Did not provide clean towels
7. Item of clothing went missing
8. Breakfast closed 30 mins earlier than we were informed so we missed it on first day and although got refund nobody in restaurant was bothered to help
9. Not a city view just an outside view of adjoining building there are NO city views at all at this hotel
10. Restaurant is a different business next door and is not part of hotel

All in all a completely unprofessional hotel.
Decor is nice

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
FrenzManagementTeam, Manager at Frenz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear Ms Finnigan,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience cause.
With your comment we will work harder to maintain functional of the room facility and strive towards more professional service.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other feedback to share. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

The room was compact and somewhat average but I must say there were many dust on table, small area where the kettle sat with free coffee / tea and fingerprints on the window panes. The sides of the windows had cobwebs and dust webs, and this was never cleaned at all. Since I was put on a second floor despite I had specifically requested for a higher floor during my booking, my request was not fulfilled. The tiles in the toilet were slippery when wet despite one big towel and one plastic bath sucker were put on the floor. So be careful on this.

The noise level from the streets was loud past midnight and people were still talking and cars' engines were gunning loudly till 3am. I did not sleep well due to the noise even though the bed was satisfactory.

Bazaar on Saturdays was behind the building and there were many shops. LRT station was a short walk as well. The bellman and security guard were very friendly and helpful. The bellman helped me to get a taxi to the airport. The one setback was the taxi driver did not run on metred fare and once I reached the airport, he quoted RM$100 (a round figure should be RM$75 to RM$85).

Room Tip: Higher floors should be quieter than lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Upon arriving at the hotel and checking in it did seem rather small, we were on the first floor, after waiting a while for one of the two lifts, we decided to walk down the stairway.
This was a big mistake, the banister in the stair well was thick with dirt and as soon as i touched it my hand was black, then when we went to get out on the ground floor the case trolley was blocking the doorway, this is supposed to be a fire exit, so what happens if there is an emergency.
As we were on the first floor near the lifts we hardly got any sleep as next door arrived back at 1.30am and banged their door and turned the tv up loud.
Next morning we asked to be moved as neither my wife nor i can functio without a good 7hrs sleep.
That was no problem at reception, we just had to return after 1pm and we were moved to the 5th floor away from the lifts.
The rooms are somewhat tiny and it is quite hard to reach an equilibrium with the airconditioning, so you are either too hot or too cold.
We foundvthe staff at reception to be quite helpful with our onward travel plans and the doorman.

Room Tip: Keep away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple