See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this apartment and paid the deposit ten months in advance for a stay in July with my family, including our 3 children. 3 days before we were due to fly to KL from Penang, where we had started our holiday, I received an email from Peter saying he regretted the apartment was no longer available as the owner had been the victim of a $2 million dollar fraud and had been forced to sell the apartment. He said he had tried to contact me previously but had lost my email address and had only just found it again.He also said his phone had been stolen. I now see that he has received feedback from someone regarding a stay in July there so I can only assume that he received a more lucrative booking or was so disorganised that he double booked, though I would be surprised if it was the latter as we spoke on the phone at length regarding our stay. Either way he ruined our holiday and told us blatant lies. I had to spend half my supposed holiday in Penang trying to find somewhere else to stay which was extremely hard for 5 of us and we ended up in a place that didn't fit our requirements at all. I then had to chase Peter for several days to get our deposit refunded, though I would have expected that to have been done immediately. Other than an apology and an offer to let us use his pool one day when we were in KL, we received nothing to compensate us for this fiasco.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank aberdeendunedin
Junesplaceinkl, Owner at Junes Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear readers where we do regret any inconvenience caused to any guest we have staying with us or looking to stay with us.

However you have not been told the full story. Please be informed we do not lie as has been alleged nor do we fabricate stories. My phone was stolen as mentioned and the property owner whose property we helped to look after was indeed sold.

An email was sent to the complainant on May 30th almost 6 weeks before their intend stay advising them of the property having been sold and recommending they seek alternative accommodation.

Due to the stolen phone and a corrupted hard drive we could not locate any other contact details thus the email was sent to the email address connected with their paypal account. Unfortunately the email address associated with the payment was not checked by the complainant and no reply was received from the email we forwarded.

As the date got closer and closer we became more concerned and looked through other email accounts eventually finding another email address and a contact #. After making contact with them i found alternative accommodation and forwarded web site addresses so they could view the properties. I also went to look at some as well, I offered to help in any way possible, my offers were refused. Not wishing the children to be disappointed, the offer was made of being picked up from their alternative accommodation so the kids could enjoy a day at our place. This offer was also refused.
There was no alternative request for the property, no double letting of the property, and certainly no lies told here, we did have a review in July as mentioned however the review was not for the unit the complainant was going to stay in. The allegation that we took a long time to refund their funds also is inaccurate. My 1st offer was to take the cash to them directly once they were in K.L thus providing them with local currency and saving on exchange rate losses. The offer was declined and a bank transfer requested. When sending funds a bank needs certain information, this information was not sent to us originally and wishing to make sure the funds were sent as soon as possible a request was sent for further information, once we had all the information required the funds were sent.
We do sincerely regret the above incident and did take measures to contact the family as early as possible. We now have a double back up system in place and do recommend all correspondence be through only one email address that is used frequently.

P.s please do take a look through our other reviews and you will see we do care about your stay in K.L

Regards Peter
From Junes Apartment

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Peter is a great host willing to help you enjoy your stay as much as possible. He will give you as much help as you need and lives in the apartment next door.
The apartment has a great pool (3 of them actually!) and a lot of restaurants closeby to eat at. The private park gives you a lush green outlook to admire and there are some great views of KL from the balconies. All of the required kitchenware is available if you would like to cook for yourself. There is a wet market, 7 Eleven and supermarket nearby if needed.
All of the places we visited were easily accessible by taxi from the apartment, although you will have to walk out to the main road to get a cab. You are 5-6 kms from the city centre so this is not the place to stay if you want to be in the centre of KL.
Whilst the apartment has all of the amenities you need it could benefit from some modernizing and uplifting to give it a more modern and fresh look.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights in December 2013, traveling with another family. The apartment is very well appointed and Peter (owner) is very welcoming and explains how everything works. All the aircons worked, the kitchen is great for easy meals when you don't want to go out, and the view from the balcony across the park (which is lively to walk through) is stunning.
Remember to bring your own staples and snacks; Peter supplies some basics, but this is an apartment, not a full hotel.
The apartment is a few kms out of KL, which has it's benefits, and once you get a handle on the bus system to the city or monorail, you're in town in 15 minutes for less than $2.
Bear this in mind though if you have young children, it can be a bit of walking in the heat; get a cab home after a long hot day, still cheap.
The pool and gardens are lovely, but I have to be honest and say Peter was having a few issues with the Body Corporate allowing guests to use the facilities while we were there; he appeared to have nearly sorted it out as we left, but double check when booking.
That aside, I would heartily recommend June's Apartment for anyone traveling as a family and wanting something more like home and less like a hotel.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Carl109
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Kuala Lumpur is a contemporary Asian city, however very relaxed and "green." Junes Apartments are located 5-6 km from city center in a condo. Location is near private park. You can still hear the sounds of nature although being in the middle of big city. We were traveling 2 adults, 2 kids (7 & 9), there was enough room for everybody. This condo has its sports courts, pools. The KL skyline from the apartment is just marvelous. Peter was very helpful: giving tips about sightseeings, places to eat, prices etc - really helpful as we were only spending 2,5 days in KL. It actually felt much more than that. Thank you, Peter! Public transport and availability of taxies make inner city traveling very handy. I recommend Junes Apartments for travelers who wouldn't like to spend time in a standard hotels - it is genuine KL.

Anyway, go over and check it out!

Room tip: Ask for Kuala Lumpur city center skyline.
Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Me and my family stayed at June's for four awesome days. The unit we chose had 3 rooms, living room, kitchen, dining, laundry area, stock room, and balcony. It handily accommodated 5 adults, 2 teens, and 2 kids with much room to spare. The place is very clean, spacious, and fully furnished. We were able to use the kitchen and the place has complete and clean utensils. You can also wash clothes if needed. June's also provide free WiFi connectivity which was very fast and the signal can even reach the pool area, way down the third floor. Peter has been top notch all the way. He even arranged for our transfers from Airport and back which was way cheaper by the way. The drivers he deals with are very nice as well. He also provided lots of tips on how to get around. Overall the Peter service alone will have all the five star hotels a run for their money. We enjoyed very much our stay here and will definitely be back when we vacation next year. I highly recommend you do as well.

By the way, about 50% of the taxis we hailed did not know the place as it is very exclusive and secured, but, once you mention MUTIARA, they automatically know how to get you there.

Room tip: Choose the one fronting Petronas or Genting for that dramatic mountain backdrop.
Date of stay: October 2013