“Something Missing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Narrabundah
“Something Missing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

This hotel does present a very nice entry, quite imposing in fact. The check in procedure seems to take for ever especially since I was the only person checking in when I arrived at around 9.30 pm and still needed 10 minutes to complete. Be that as it may the room I was staying in, an executive room on Level 27 was well presented. While the hotel does promote itself as an upmarket hotel I spent 6 days in an executive room with the air-conditioning having a very high background sound level sounding very like staying on a ground floor level street front room with the window open. I was totally unhappy with it. The beds are very comfortable but who needs comfort in a noisy room.

The food in the executive lounge is passable but like every eating establishment on the hotel it came with cold pates. This may be acceptable with cold food but certainly not with hot foods.

Out of the 6 nights I spent the turn down service occurred twice only. It is not clear why the service is offered if it is not offered every day.

The most amusing item with the hotel was the tab for a mini bar with a totally empty fridge and no goods for sale. Why have a charge sheet for the mini bar if they do not give one for the guests use.

Unless you have a picture of the Petronas towers do not expect to see them from your rooms. There is the Intermark office tower right in front of the hotel with an additional tower under construction beside the hotel. Pedestrian access to and front the hotel is fraught with danger because of the very poor site management of the construction of the office tower next door.

No I would not want to stay in this hotel again especially as I have issues with fire safety which I have written to the hotel separately about.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gordon35au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Nicely refurbished hotel with soon-to-open shopping mall.

Comfy bed but very soft and uncomfortable pillow. Pillow menu was useless, listed several other selections but only one selection available.

Breakfast was amazing, with a lot variety of food offered, however I think the hotel forget the basic necessity of breakfast, which is a quality coffee and tea. Only pre-mixed coffee and tea in big stainless steel drum was provided. even 3 stars hotel could provide better coffee & tea.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear vhardono,
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the feedback on the hotel, and I apologise the full pillow selection was not available for you.

I have noted the comments on breakfast with the great variety, and also your disappointment with the coffee. I certainly appreciate how important a good coffee or tea is in the morning, and we do have other options availble, I am sorry you were not offered this.

I appreciate the support and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel after a month of backpacking in Malaysia and vietman. It was lovely and relaxing. Really nice friendly staff, very clean and very comfortable. The swimming pool was nice the sauna - although why would you need a sauna in a tropical malaysian climate?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear wanderer2012,
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, especially the staff & cleanliness.
We appreciate the support and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Very friendly and good service staff, but take a while to check in and out.
Strategic location only 15 mins away from KLCC, it will be better if shutter bus available to/from bukit bintang area.
The buffet was full of variety during my first visit, but not the 2nd visit!
But overall its a nice and pleasant stay for me and my family.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear rabselyong,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, especially the location. I appreciate your feedback on the shuttle , and I would like to advise we do provide a shuttle service to a range of locations including Bukit Bintang. I also have noted your feedback on the variety of the buffet.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

New hotel located just 20 mins walk from KLCC. Decor is clean since it is still very new. Rooms are spacious. Most importantly is the breakfast that you should not miss. Wide spread of local food to choose from. It is like a big food centre like Marche where you can choose from different cusine of difference races like chinese, indian, malay and western food. Nearest MRT is the Ampang Park station. Just beware of the usual traffic jams of KL since it is located along the busy road of Jalan Tun Razak.

Room Tip: Higher floor are much quieter . away from the heavy traffic.