See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The room is old... Utensils were dirty the knife was not even washed from the previous guest... Upon occupying the room, there was no bidet (water spay) attached to the hose in the toilet so we reported it and they sent the engineer to fix it... Avoid the BREAKFAST!!!! Not good at all!!!

Tip: Never get the taxi from the airport specially the Color Red taxi... If you have a "Grab Taxi/Car" app, use it... Otherwise, you'll get a taxi that the air condition is not working with an unhygienic driver and it will cost you 93 ringgit (roughly 930THB) when in Grab will only cost you 65 ringgit (650THB)...

Sorry but I will try another option next time I visit Kuala Lumpur....

If you have any transaction at the Thai Embassy this property, location wise is perfect. I booked a Standard 2 Bedroom located in the 19th floor. View was just ok but stunning at night... Spacious for a traveler of 3 adults... Housekeeping and the reception was friendly and helpful...

Room tip: Avoid Breakfast... Book for Room Only rate...
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2017

D-Villa — now called Holiday Place — is a very convenient place to stay if you have to deal with any of the embassies in the area. I recently had to go to KL to renew my Thai business visa and the location of this hotel was extremely convenient.

Staff were very friendly and helpful (i.e. they did some last minute printing for me). The room was quite nice and spacious and convenient for getting some work done. Wifi was good too, I managed to have a video conference without any interruptions.

Certainly recommended if you have to go to the nearby embassies, but as a tourist I'd maybe look for something in a more lively area.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights the first one was a late check in and we didn't have a reservation we just walked in so we the receptionist ended up giving us a room with 1 bedroom apartment on the 8th fl. It was very spacious which was nice but the apartment itself is outdated. Furniture is a bit too old it was clean but not to the level you'd expect. The two glasses they provided in the bathroom looked like they were just rinsed off but not washed. The curtains have stains all over. Pillows are very old as well as the mattresses. Now the second room we stayed was in the 6th fl at first sight it looked better but the bathroom is dirty. It looks like they have updated the room but the cleanliness is lacking. Not to mention the shower! So full of moldy tile and simple looks so dirty the same with the tile in the wall.I really feel they should improve in their cleanliness if they're going to charge $40-50+ per night at least make sure the rooms are in better shape and up to the standards you expect from q trendy and modern city. Now the receptionist were very nice and helpful as well as one of the cleaning staff whom we met. Another thing about this place is that is right across the Thai embassy so it's very easy if you come here for that. Location too is good is close enough to the mall and towers. However if you are a light sleeper then bring your own good pair of earplugs because this place is located in a very busy street with passing cars all night and they can be very loud! Anyway that was our experience here. Don't think we'd come back if we ever did.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milly C
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This is my 4th or 5th stay at this wonderful hotel. One must remember that this is no 5-star hotel. I was met with a smile and friendly faces.
Rooms were very clean and I did check for dust after reading a few posts here and there was none. The rooms were spotless. I had a 2 bedroom apartment.
As usual there were 4 bottles of water on the table.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Indian P
Reviewed 3 January 2017

My family and I spent just over two weeks in a two bedroom apartment at Holiday Place. The furnishing is old but acceptable and the apartment is spacious. However, only having one bathroom for 4 people was inconvenient.

The housekeeper on the 8th floor is excellent and very helpful. She kept the apartment clean and well stocked up.

Date of stay: December 2016