“Wine Tasting & Wedding Venue Search”

Dennis Vineyards Winery
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Albemarle
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since 1997, come stop in for a tasting of our large array of hand-crafted wines and see our family's passion unfold with every sip. With offerings from the traditional Southern Muscadine all the way to French varietals and assorted fruit & berry wines, you're sure to find a wine (or two!) for every taste, every mood and every occasion! Come explore Stanly County's first winery in our own quaint little corner of North Carolina wine country.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

They are so kind and friendly at this winery! You feel like you've known them forever. The wine is delicious, the rental space and grounds are immaculate!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Hopped in the car to enjoy the lovely weather for my husband's birthday with no destination in mind. Headed out of Charlotte down 24/27 to explore. Sign directed us to Dennis Vineyards. So glad we stopped. Dennis Vineyards is a family owned and operated vineyard tucked away off an unassuming country road. Lauren toured us through the facility offering a wealth of information on the history of the vineyard as well as the wine making process. We then spent a bit of time wandering through the vineyard, enjoying not only nature but the laughter of a wedding being hosted in the distance on the property. They offer tastings of their many wines - all pleasing to the palate. We left with a few bottles, new friends, and delighted to learn of the history of a close to home business.

Amy D, Owner at Dennis Vineyards Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Oh my gosh thank you both so much for the fantastic review. My daughter Lauren loved working with you both! I thought we had lost her on the tour for a while! When she enjoys someones company she really gives them all she has, and she liked you both very much! I am very glad to hear that your time here was worth while and I hope that now your trips out here will be intentional :) Coincidental trips are awesome and definitely some of the most fun but we hope that your time with us was pleasing enough to return with purpose! Thank you so much and please come see us again!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I have never been a huge wine fan, but I love Dennis Vineyards wine. We ordered several cases for our wedding. It was a huge hit and much more affordable than buying from a more marketed brand! The staff is so incredibly friendly and it felt good to help out a local business! I would definitely recommend stopping by and sitting outside with a wine slushie =)

Amy D, Owner at Dennis Vineyards Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Kaylee! Thank you so much for the kind words!! I am really happy to hear that even though you are not a fan of wine that we were able to make some that tickled your tastebuds! We try really hard to make sure that we have at least one wine for everyone. That's one of the reasons that we make so many! :) I hope that your wedding day was fabulous and I hope to see you again soon! Oh! And yes, wine slushies are a no brainer. Everybody loves them! :P

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at the Vineyards. I absolutely love their Peach Bellini and the Magnolia wine. Everyone was friendly and the music was great for the most part. We are older so Bruno Mars and the "Wobble" music was really loud. We left a little early but stopped by Ruthie's Food Truck before leaving. We ordered the Meatloaf sandwich which tasted fine but was extremely greasy. I will probably eat before I go to the next event. Regardless I love Dennis Vineyards and came home with my 2 bottles of wine!

Amy D, Owner at Dennis Vineyards Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you so much for the review! I am so glad that you came out for our Music at the Vineyard event this past Friday! It's good to hear that you had a nice time even though some of the music was a little too loud at points. When the crowd really gets into a song the music tends to blare too! Every time we host an event such as this we have different food vendors and each one offers various choices. This particular time was down home southern food, and yep, they do like their butter!! Again, thank you for the review and I'm so happy that you like our wine!!!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Every time I go by Dennis Vineyards I am impressed with the way they have their merchandise presented. And their wines are wonderful and have been for many years.