All reviews shin osaka semi double room east gate great location family mart stayed for nights jr station exit twin elevator luggage platform kobe
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I barely rate a hotel excellent but this hotel is really good. Booked this hotel via booking.com because of its reviews. And it lived up to my expectations. To get to the hotel from Kansai Airport, take the Haruka Train (much easier to get the multiple-day passes available at the airport- got mine for 5K yen for 3 day unli JR West pass) to the city. Get off at Shin Osaka station. Take the EAST exit then take the elevator then across the street, you can see the hotel alley entrance. Walk 20 seconds and you will see yourself at the rear entrance of the hotel. Checked-in at 12nn and went straight to the room. Fridge doesn't include any mini-bar items. But room was soo clean. Bathtub and bathroom was nice as well. Bath soap, shower cap, toothbrush are readily available.

Staff called me up the next day if I wanted my room cleaned, I declined. Then I saw towels, bathrobes and bathroom stuff outside my door for replenishment. AMAZING!

Check-out was fast. Done in 15 seconds. They just asked if I wanted a copy of the receipt. Then off I go.

I really love this hotel. Nice performance of the staff and hotel was soooo HOMEy.. Will come back definitely. Thanks Hotel Shin Osaka

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank khrise
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am writing the review right now at the hotel. So glad I have chosen to stay in this hotel.
From Shin-Osaka Station go to East Exit (東口), there is a elevator/lift at the East Exit at the right corner, so with luggage is not a problem, sometimes when there are more people, you may have to wait for the lift because the lift is small and can only accommodate a few people with luggage/pram.

Coming out from the lift, across the road and turn left, you can see the blue sign Hotel Shin-Osaka, that is the back door with shelter. Very convenient as Shin Osaka station is on both the Shinkansen (bullet train) and the loop Osaka line. Train to Osaka Station in 5 mins or Kyoto in 15mins.

We booked a twin bed, the room is spacious, many powerpoints. Toilet is the Japanese type. Bath and toilet is separately by the wash sink. The only thing I do not like is one of the bed half facing the the entrance of the toilet/bathroom, which is facing the wash sink. When you step in the toilet/bath entrance, becareful there is a height step to it.

Bed is a little hard, but after a long day walk, we don't feel it and slept through the whole night.

I have not try the breakfast. I booked through the hotel website directly at hso.co.jp.
Good rate consider the location, beside hotel there are a few eating places and a family/mini mart. Will stay here again in future.

Room Tip: If you are small in size, a double bed is enough for two person. If you are traveling with someone and like a bigger sleeping bed, choose the twin bed; very spacious room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kezial2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Right across the road from the East Entrance/Exit to Shin Osaka station, location is what this hotel is all about. Very convenient as Shin Osaka station is on both the Shinkansen (bullet train) and the Osaka Loop lines, so getting around Osaka or going further afield is easy.

The rooms themselves are a decent size. The fittings and carpet could use an overhaul but are just old rather than in disrepair. As long as you aren't expecting luxury the rooms should be plenty comfortable. A feature in our room was a split toilet-bath room that had a deep Japanese style bath. Nice to soak in after a day of travelling. There were also many powerpoints in our room, good for charging up phones/tablets/cameras etc. Although close to the station the rooms are still quiet (we were facing away from the station.) There is a buffet-style breakfast available which is quite good with plenty of choice with both western and Japanese style food. Reasonably priced and worth while.

While not the lap of luxury this is more than made up by the super convenient location and affordable price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Boyznboos
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We liked this hotel a lot as it is very convenient for Shinkansen travel. It is next to the Shin Osaka station, in 10-15 mins you can be inside a Shinkansen ready to travel around Japan. If you like to travel around Osaka you can also use the Shin Osaka station (metro line).

We also liked the included breakfast, they have a comprehensive Japanese selection which is very good and they have basic western selection there too !

The rooms are quite small - however this is Japan. The largest bed they have is like a double.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FL360
Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you have a JR pass and are planning to travel using Osaka as a base, this hotel is a great choice. It is literally over the road from the huge Shin Osaka station. As such, it is also close to all the shops and restaurants within the complex, and a subway ride to Osaka central. We had a late airport arrival and it was great to be able to get off the train and find it so easily. Beds were comfortable, and rooms were quiet despite the proximity to the station. If you are a non-smoker, make sure to request a non-smoking room. We forgot on the first night and nearly died (there were no other rooms available). But they changed our room without fuss the next day, so I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends