“Fantastic Decor”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Went to the bar last night for a drink before dinner,and boy the friendly and profesional service we received from was just great .Had a great tasting Bloody Mary ...The design of the bar is so elegant and timeless you just feel you want to stay longer .It has a great happy hour ,Even if your not staying at the St Regis you are still welcomed .

Reviewed 17 January 2018

At first I was just planning to have a glass of old fashioned and go to bed for the early flight the next morning. But since the old fashioned was so good, i decided to order 2 more cocktails: shogun mary & aperol spritz (btw, i prefer the shogun mary rather than the original bloody mary from King Cole bar, just because they use yuzu instead of lemon wich is more fragrant). The decor is beautiful. I was seating at the counter so you can see the beautiful mural like the one they have in the original King Cole bar in New York. The bartender (I forgot her name. Short hair, glasses) was very friendly and masterful.

1  Thank SPurwanto
Reviewed 1 January 2018

The service staff very slow, old decor, uncomfortable seating. The drinks had ice up to the top and not possible to drink. It looked cozy. I expected much more.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I came here on a Friday night and I was expecting more people perhaps to come for Happy Hour. I'm a little surprised that there is very little guests at about 8pm.

I sat at the bar, the staff brought me the menu immediately. I ordered a Negroni to start with and checked out the bar food menu. The drink and food menu are decent. The food menu is designed for the grown-ups, sliders, mini burgers or fries are nowhere to be seen. There's a small selection of Japanese tapas too.

The Negroni was good, but there's room for improvement. I was hoping to smell more of the zest oil from the orange rind.

I ordered a Seabass Carpaccio which is very fresh. It came with smoked yoghurt as dressing. Quite unique and delicious.

The bartender (Yukari) asked me if I want to order another drink. I went for the Old-Fashioned, which is done with the 12 Years Yamasaki (be expected to pay a bit more for the premium whiskey), otherwise it tastes pretty good and very balanced.

My final drink of the night was a drink invented by Yukari, it is a Japanese Kyoto Gin (Kinobi) with Sake cocktail, quite refreshing.

I had an enjoyable evening, special thanks to Yukari for her wonderful hospitality and recommendations on Osaka. The St Regis Bar in Osaka is a nice spot to chill out if you want a quiet evening with some jazz on the background. It is entirely solo traveler friendly.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The pour is a problem, not consistent, when we order a double whisky it came short, expensive drink but service is average. They should have a standard measure/jigger, and pour in front of the customer. We ordered a Yamazaki 12 years but it came short. St. Regis should improve their service.