“Great food and service”

Price range: US$18 - US$71
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our tea lounge is the ideal place to relax and enjoy English & Chinese teas, coffee, desserts and cocktails with a sophisticated back drop of live classical or jazz music. -Specializes in traditional Afternoon Tea -Snacks and lights fares can be enjoyed throughout the day -Large selection of fine teas, specialty coffees, homemade cakes and chocolates -Monday - Thursday: 11 a.M. - 11 P.M. -Friday: 11 a.M. - Midnight -Saturday: 9:30 a.M. - Midnight -Sunday and holidays: 9:30 a.M. - 11 P.M.
Reviewed 25 July 2018

The food at the Lounge is amazing. Great selection and always delicious. In addition, the staff is extremely considerate and professional.

Date of visit: April 2018
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at The Lobby Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear jenniferfarish,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our Lobby Lounge with other Trip Advisor Readers.
We really appreciate your recognition to the professionalism and attention of our Ladies & Gentlemen. I am glad you enjoyed the delicious food and note that as well as an array of a la carte choices and lunch and dinner set menus, we also offer exclusive seasonal afternoon tea menus.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Renan Astolpho
Director of Food and Beverage
The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Enjoyed the lounge, nice live music, good selection of drinks. Beautiful lounge to rest and enjoy the cakes too.

Date of visit: March 2018
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at The Lobby Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear najieb,

Thank you for this wonderful comment and sharing your experience with us at The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the music and atmosphere at The Lobby Lounge. Our Ladies and Gentlemen are so motivated after reading your comments. During your next visit you might try our Ritz-Carlton signature afternoon tea that features the very best from our pastry team.

We look very much forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Director of Food and Beverage
The Ritz-Carlton,Osaka

Reviewed 20 November 2016

The Lobby Lounge is located in the lobby of the Ritz-Carlton Osaka hotel. It is just a short 7 minute walk from the southern exit of the Osaka train station and is also close to a few Metro stations. It is also connected to Herbis Plaza and all the high end shops inside it. It is open every day for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. While this lounge is a restaurant there is also a bar if you just want to sit around and have a drink.

I dined here with a co-worker at about 7:30 PM on a Wednesday evening in mid-November and thought the overall dining experience was only average. The restaurant was not busy so there was no need for a reservation. This restaurant charges a $15 cover charge after 7:30 PM on nights they have entertainment. We did not know about the nightly entertainment and balked at the $15 cover charge. We decided to leave and they quickly changed their mind and let us in for free (since we were staying in the hotel). The entertainment consisted of an American guy on the piano and a Japanese women singing American songs. The guy was a great piano player but neither he nor the women could sing very well. Even though they were not very good I enjoyed it (since I did not have to pay the cover charge).

I ordered a chef salad with blue cheese dressing and thought it was just average. They did not have blue cheese dressing but the chef offered to make me some from scratch. While I appreciated this exceptional customer service, I did not enjoy the dressing or the salad. My co-worker ordered a bowl of pasta with red sauce and I thought that it was also average and did not have a lot of flavor (he gave me a small bowl of it). The interior décor is old fashioned but nice and there is a large piano and small area for an entertainer/singer. The hostess and my server were both friendly and provided good service.

Overall I liked the “free” entertainment and appreciated the good service but thought the food was only average.

Date of visit: November 2016
FB_Director_RCO, 支配人 at The Lobby Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear rockyjoe,

Thank you very much for your review and comments.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed the good service from our hostess and server as well as the décor and atmosphere at our Lobby Lounge.

I have noted your concern regarding the food quality. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team to assure similar shortfalls are not repeated. As for the cover charge, and while definitely strange for foreign travelers, it is a common practice here in Japan. However, I am pleased to hear that the team noticed your concern and assisted immediately.

It is my sincere hope, that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Ritz-Carlton Osaka and I am looking very much forward to be at your service.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Great place to relax for drinks with very good entertainment. There is a cover after about 7:30 pm so check first. Looked like they serve an afternoon tea as well.

Date of visit: September 2016
FB_Director_RCO, 支配人 at The Lobby Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear James Stephen L,

Thank you very much for the great feedback!

I am pleased to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the live performance at the Lobby Lounge. An yes, our famous and authentic three-tier afternoon tea set is served daily from 11am to 7pm, featuring the very best from our pastry team.

All the ladies and gentlemen are looking very much forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The lounge is very well appointed and comfortable. The ambiance is relaxing and peaceful. It offers a quiet place for discussions and/or a before or after drink.

Date of visit: June 2016
FB_Director_RCO, 支配人 at The Lobby Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear HedoCouple,

I am so pleased to read another fantastic comment from you – thank you very much!

The Lobby Lounge is definitely one of the places where one can relax and listening to soft classic music. I hope you had the chance to also try our Ritz-Carlton signature afternoon tea that features the very best from our pastry team.