Open today: 06:30 - 17:00

from US$295.00
from US$37.38
from US$3,541.38
More Info
All reviews red bridge stone lanterns local train main line tram line traditional wedding beautiful bridge old trees white paper moon festival seasonal thing shinto wedding large stone peaceful place game stalls picture opportunities nankai namba station
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I decided on coming here while my wife went to a different area for shopping. I took the subway to Namba Station and transferred to the JR Train to the Shrine so it was very easy to get there from the Osaka Train Station area. About 2 blocks from the Sumiyoshi Train stop to the Shrine and Arched Bridge.
I was also lucky to see a traditional Japanese wedding while there. If you go be sure to walk around the grounds as there are a number of other shrines, stone lantern and buildings worth seeing. Of cource walk over the arched bridge as well.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank wacotom
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My first exposure to Shinto faith The shrine is impressive and our guide was knowledgeable and explained a lot about the Shinto faith

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Easy to access by subway (same name), you arrive at a large garden that contains a big shrine and a temple. This Shinto shrine greets you with a big Torri gate and stone lions guarding the entrance. Long rows of stone lanterns are escorting you along the garden. There is a small river that crosses the garden with two beautiful bridges. One wooden-red bridge and one made of stone.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The temple is gorgeous. I was lucky enough to see a Japanese traditional wedding happening while I was there. So peaceful and beautiful. There is a beautiful garden called Sumiyoshi park is opposite the temple ( if you turn left from the station to get to the temple, then head opposite direction). There were a lot of locals doing their early sakura viewing. There is also quaint local market nearby I think is called Kohama.

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank DaffyT55
Reviewed 27 February 2018

It's a beautiful shrine, one of the oldest in Japan and unique in architecture as compared to most other shrines. Take a stroll around and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. There were a few shops before the entrance though I'm not sure if they're a seasonal thing. We bought omamori as we always do when we visit shrines and temples.

Date of experience: February 2018