1,230 results
All reviews umeda station kansai airport limousine bus breakfast set cake shop excellent location small room buffet breakfast large hotel hotel entrance business trip department store big luggage convenient hotel walking distance pleasant stay vending machine
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This hotel is surely on a perfect location for traveling via public transportation.
Considering most convenient for shuttle bus transfer between Kansai International Airport and the hotel as the bus stop is right in front of its door step.
That's one of the main reason why we chose this hotel. Umeda station, Osaka Station, as well as other trains companies operated in Osaka Station and Umeda station are all connected to the hotel in such a short walk. Many foods, shopping area, convenient stores, and department stores are all around the hotel.

However, if looking for a luxury hotel, new furniture and convenient rooms with high standard, this is not the one for you. If you cannot bear with cigarettes smell you might have to avoid the hotel. Even we book the room as non-smoking room but the corridor on the floor full of smoking smell. Do not have to think about booking smoking room if you are non smoker it is almost impossible that you will be ok with the smell in the room even if the hotel's staff promise to help get rid of the smell for you.

I knew because our friends had booked a triple room from web agent and there was only smoking room type left, expecting that they can deal with its smell but it's so terribly smelly and so bad that they cannot change to non smoking as been told at front desk that all non smoking are fully booked.

Therefore, we recommend to take this into your consideration seriously for the non smoking or smoking room types before you make decision cos it's really an issue in reality.

The breakfast is included in the room rate and there will be 2 restaurants your can choose from, a buffet on Basement floor of breakfast set on ground floor. We tried both and could say that all are average and nothing is so special to make comments.

Room Tip: Non smoking only for non smoker
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
大阪新阪急ホテル, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel New Hankyu Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you very much for staying at our Osaka New Hnakyu Hotel.
Shuttle bus buoungds for Kansai International Airport and Itami Airport stops in front of our hotel, and other meajor stations like JR Osaka station and Hankyu Umeda station are located near from our hotel. Even Shin-Osaka Station, where you can take a bullet train, is just one station from our hotel. HotelThere is a good access to other landmarks like, Koshien basaball park, Kizzania Koshien, Universal Studio Japan, Osaka castle, so it must be a convenient location to enjoy sightseeing in Osaka.

Concerning the smell of the smoke and imperfection of clening, I apologize for troubling you during your stay.
We would sincerely take your opinion and keep on trying to improve facilities and room environment to provide much better service for the guests.
I hope there will be another chance to have you with our hotel. Thank you.                                              ( Osaka New Hankyu Hotel Nakayama)

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My husband and I stayed in New Hankyu hotel Osaka for 6 nights which we booked the smoking room as the non-smoking rooms were all fully booked. I've wrote in to the hotel to request if can change to non-smoking room however there's no availability but the hotel ensure us they will deodorize the room. In fact we didn't experience any unpleasant smell during our stay. The hotel provided complimentary items for ladies only based on number of nights stay so I get to select from cleaning oil to eyes mask or herbs cooling sheet for legs, what a pleasant surprise.
The room wasn't big as expected but it's spacious enough to put our 2 big luggage and a cabin bag. I really like the toiletries provided especially Shiseido facial foam which I wanted to purchase from the hotel unfortunately not available for sale. The breakfast spread has wide varieties from Japanese to Western cuisine which we enjoyed during our stay but the chef doesn't change the dishes so by the 4th day we were a bit bored with the breakfast selection since it's the same everyday.
Hotel location was strategic since the airport limo bus from Kansai airport stopped right in front of our hotel and Midosuji subway also right outside of the hotel plus JR Osaka Station in just 5 mins walk away, very convenient indeed. Overall we're satisfied with our stay and will definitely come back again when we visit Osaka in future.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift would be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Hotel's location is great. Right across the street from Osaka Station. I had a double room, and it was of a good size. Bad wifi. They gave me some router, but it never worked. Their biggest problem is the staff. I had a double booking at Expedia. This was not hotel's fault, but they could have been much more helpful. When I arrived, the first person I talked to spoke very little English and was a very low talker. I could not hear what she was saying. I asked for a manager. I got Reika Fujiwara. She said that she was not a manager, but a floor chief. Of course, she could not help me either about the double booking. Of course, they could not contact Expedia on my behalf. I asked to still speak to the manager. I got Takeo Kitanishi. However, Mr. Kitanishi spoke no English. He probably is married to the boss's daughter. That is the only reason I can think of why would a non-English speaking person become a manager in the hotel where 99% of guests are non-Japanese speaking gaijins. How does he manage the staff who deal with guests in English? How would he review them? This is beyond my understanding.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Pasha G
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Was booked by a Japanese travel agency into this hotel for 2 nights. Our requests were clear, but on arrival they had only smoking rooms & twin beds. For an $80 uncharge, they had a larger room that was nonsmoking, but still 2 twin beds, so we went upstairs to take a look. Room was larger than the closet-sized room that was booked for us originally but dealbreaker was that it was warm in the room, and they explained that guests have no control over the AC. Furnishings & decor were very dated as well. We said no thanks, and booked a room at another, much nicer hotel in Osaka instead, despite having prepaid for this one. No way I would've stayed there.

Room Tip: best room is one at another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Been at this hotel for several times, the room is small but i stay here for its convenience, it's near bus station and JR station and lots of shopping just few minutes walk away, only 50 minutes bus ride from airport to hotel front door. Also i have to praise their reception staff Ms. Kyoko Taniuchi and Ms. Omori for solving my double booking problem, did not notice i had double booked my rooms and these two ladies were very swift and polite in handling my problem by waiving the cancellation charge. I was very grateful i did not have to pay for the extra unused booking tho their policy did mention i have to. i strongly recommend this hotel if you prefer the convenience, but if you mind the room size, then you might wanna find a bigger room else where.

Room Tip: Request room closer to elevators if possible as some rooms are 500 meters away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family