“Cant beat the location!”

Hotel New Hankyu Osaka
Ranked #71 of 342 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Right outside the main JR train station and subway station. Also one of the first stops for the airport shuttle bus service. Hotel staff are warm and efficient. The location is right in the middle of the Kita area which is one of the two central areas of Osaka. We had an awesome view!!
The only down side was that the room size was very small but you would except that for Japan where space is very expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 22 November 2012

This hotel is situated about 50meters from the Osaka JR (rail) station. It is a very large hotel. The staff are very friendly and all speak perfect English.
The rooms are a good size and super clean. I had breakfast which was quite lavish however it can get busy. I noticed that if soon after about 7.30, you and to wait to get a place to sit. So if you are in a hurry in the morning, you may want to take this into consideration.
The hotel does not have gym or swimming pool and if you want to use wireless then they provide you with router. However I never got it to work for my iPad.
The hotel has bus service that takes you directly to KIX Kansai airport. It takes about an hour and costs 1500yen. Again there is chance that you may have to wait to get on the bus as it is pretty busy in the morning. The buses leave every 20 minutes.
The hotel is the centre of Osaka and perfectly located to walk around.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is a summary of what I wrote to the hotel after our stay:

"Feedback on our stay on 24 Oct 2012

I have reserved a Japanese style room for my stay. Upon check-in at around 3pm, I was given a western/Japanese room with twin beds. I was quite upset at the time as the whole episode took us almost half and hour to resolve (what actually happened is that I refused to wait and said I will come back in the evening and hope everything would be sorted out by then after wasting half and hour trying to sort out the problem).

We came back in the evening at around 8pm, we were given a key to a Japanese style room with a very brief one sentence apology with no explanation. Late, we discovered that the beddings (futon) were still in the cupboard (Oshiire). Since this is a hotel, not a hostel, we naturally expect someone can help to set those up, so my husband dialed for assistance but were being told to do it ourselves.

By then, we are just feeling very tired to pursue further.

We are very disappointed with the service level of your establishment and your employees and will not stay with you again and certainly will recommend our friends to stay away."

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed one night on business trip, my company's Osaka office booked for me.
SERVICE: Friendly. Upon arrival (friendly and swift check-in), I received a smoker room instead of non-smoker, as booked. However, the problem was solved and within 10 mins I moved from 8th to 9th floor.
ROOM: Very small, as frequently in Japan, so no surprise, but this one was really veryvery tiny. Anyway, the worst were the smelly carpets in the bedroom, the stained wallpapers in the bedroom and .... the bathroom. I guess the bathroom had seen it's last refurbishment in the late 1970s. All gray-beige-mostard-colored incredibly outdated equipment. The plastic floor in a very sorry condition (like in the bedroom, I did not dare to touch it barefeet). Bed OK, but the day-cover is stiched to the blanket, so that you have to sleep without cover, if you don't want to touch the smelly day-cover.
BREAKFAST: Buffet-style in the basement. I had Japanese, which was OK, but not really good.
LOCATION: Perfect, close to train station and shopping/restaurant area.

I will never come back and I cannot recomment it at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BjoernBS
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

booked a single room for 5 nights with request of specific room location and received confirmation from reservation. However I was given two rooms to chose from while check in but both of them not I requested, of cause worser, at south wing, far away from the elevator and I almost lost my way to back to the lobby. I refused both rooms and show to the front desk the email from their reservation, the front desk told me it was a mistake but then told the specific room location I requested already checked in by other customers. I insisted because made the request a month ago, therefore the pretty front desk lady very unwilling to give me a semi double room and said 'no change anymore', as if it is my fault.

Location, absolutely perfect. surrounded by osaka station city, yodobashi, countless restaurants. and limousine station to and from KIX. next to JR and subway. A convenient store just next to the hotel.

Guest room- fairly small even I stayed at a semi double room but at least I can open my cabin trolley.
Strange smell from toliet and dusts in room, especially at the wardrobe. And very dark at the room even you switch on all lights. Fridge not chill enough.

I would give 8 out of 10 given the location of the hotel. However, it worths only max 4 out of 10 given the service of front desk and cleaniness of the room.

• Stayed: October 2012