“Excellent hotel in a good location”

The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka
Ranked #4 of 314 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
San Antonio TX
“Excellent hotel in a good location”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The hotel is located 5 to 10 minutes walk away from the JR Osaka Station. Underneath Osaka Station is a very, very large underground shopping area that spans not only JR Station but several other train stations and several department stores. It is sometimes frustrating and sometimes fun to get lost down there.

The hotel is of the quality that you'd expect of the Ritz Carlton. The building interior and exterior is posh, and the service excellent and consistent.

Our room was a nice sized room with nice furniture and a flat-screen TV. Our room faced kind of northwards so we had a veiw of the JR Station as well as of the really, really cool looking Sky Building.

The breakfast was very good, decent variety and excellent quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Sky Building
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 January 2012

i stayed there for 1 night only , but it is a fantastic stay and I had a wonderful new year there!
Location---it is close to JR station , and can get to airport by limousine bus easily and comfortably.
Room---It is an excellent room(superior room), spicous and classic, beautiful city view,
Staff---Friendly, speak in fluent English, helpful and very polite,
make me feel I am a VIP !!!!
Facility---- wonderful but no free internet in room.
I had a New Year Brunch Buffet in Splendo, delicious and good service.
It is a highly recommended hotel for relaxing trip!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MelodyCanada
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My family of 4 stayed in the Executive Suite for 12 nights in November. We had previously stayed there 3 years old and we were happy that the good things havent changed. The same old world cosy ambience. The fireplace and cosy lobby all decked in Christmas decoration certainly makes this feel like an old friend's lodge. Probably the only luxury hotel in Osaka that is not glitz and glass. And certainly all the whos whos hang out here, as evidenced by the Rolls Royces and the number of Birkins everyday....
The bathrooms were large and luxuriously appointed. We loved the large extra-large king-size beds and the 10 diff kinds of pillows. They even had special pyjamas, bathrobes and slippers for our 2 little girls in their different sizes, which made them feel like princesses,,,,and the service extended to us throughout our stay was always impeccable, friendly and professional from arranging tours, to bullet train advice, restaurant bookings etc. Kudos. In 2009, we felt it was no 1 and this time round, having had the chance to visit some of our other friends in other 5 star hotels, this is still no 1.

And its location is superbly connected via underpass to all the subway, train, JR, shinkashen and shopping malls within the next 1km vicinity so we need not even walk on ground level, esp useful when it is windy and cold.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vincentlau
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The hotel was in GREAT location! I could access all of the train stations necessary by staying at this hotel. The hotel staff was so accommodating and their English was great. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning (an extra fee). The only thing I did not like was that wireless internet was not included (it was an extra fee). I would think that at a luxury hotel like this, wireless would be included.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kathleenadams56
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 29 October 2011

It was very luxe inside the Ritz. Labyrinth with corridors decorated differently by floors. Small doors to other facilities or outside, crescent corridors everywhere, you lose your sense of direction.
I stayed just 1 night with my old school days friend during my business trip. Our room is on the top floor which is called sky view superior, with 2 beds. From a tiny window, you can see Yodo-river poring in to the bay, lively railway station at the foot of you. They claim this is the highest hotel room around, and I think so. There are no obstacles in front of you.
The room was stylish, clean, well equipped except wi-hi. Unfortunately the bath goods were not of my taste at all. I would have been happy enough to get something normal, not special, but the goods smell like men’s hair things. They had known 2 women would stay. How could I ask for the replacement since it was late and did not want to wait them to deal with, with my hair wet. This is the place you usually ask away anything, but I rather wanted a readiness of consideration, so you do not need to push yourself and bother to ask.
Mostly the experience was very good, if not special. For me, Ritz is the place of something exceptional, special and lux, yet of homey and friendly comfort. I could not get enough of this. Why? I am not sure. Maybe service person we talked a lot were so young that I felt too close to them? There were nothing wrong with what they did, still to some extent this place luck some touch to me. If I would like un-daily feeling, I should try Ritz not in Japan?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends