“One of the best dinners around the world”
Review of La Baie

La Baie
Ranked #16 of 36,605 Restaurants in Osaka
Price range: US$66 - US$441
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Baie, the hotel's signature restaurant, serves traditional French delicacies accounted with the chef's originality, along with award-winning wines and champagnes. -Recipient of Michelin Star and 5-spoon & fork by Michelin Guide Kansai from the first edition in 2010 -Exceptional shellfish and meat dishes available in the course menus and a la carte -Knowledgeable Sommeliers assist you in choosing from our award-winning wine list -Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Sophisticated casual attire is suggested. Short pants and sandals are not permitted for gentlemen. -Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Sophisticated elegant attire is suggested. T-shirt, polo shirt, sweat shirt, short pants and sandals are not permitted for gentlemen.
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here before a flight out of Osaka, not sure what to expect. It was incredible, truly. Each dish better than the last. We ate at some of the top restaurants in Tokyo in the days leading up, but this was the best dinner we had in Japan, and one of the best we've had around the world (we live in NY and eat out all the time). Go here if you have the chance. I'm surprised it doesn't have another michelin star. And the service was second to none. Well worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at La Baie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Evan G,

We are absolutely delighted with your review, thank you so much for taking the time to share it in Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you could fit the dinner in La Baie as your last dining experience before leaving Japan, and most important that this was the highlight of the trip. Chef Gibert and all our Ladies and Gentlemen take great inspiration from the memories they create and your recognition is really appreciated. We hope to welcome you back to Osaka in a not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and son loved it, but I was just okay with it. Service was excellent. It was ~$1,600 for three (prix fix, with a drink.)

Date of visit: May 2018
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at La Baie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Jett A,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted you had an opportunity to try our Michelin Star French Restaurant, La Baie during you recent stay with us. I am particularly happy your son and wife loved the experience and thank you for recognizing the exceptional service from our Team. However I regret to learn that your own experience was not as great and I would surely welcome more details if you wish to share it with me. Please note my email address below and I hope we can welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka in the near future.

Warmest regards,

renan.astolpho@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Osaka, and when we found out that La Baie within the Ritz-Carlton Osaka was Michelin rated, I made reservations for the family. I have raved about Michelin rated restaurants to my teenage daughter, and I was happy to obliged her with her first experience.

We were seated at a large corner table that did have the feel of a French restaurant although we were in Japan. The staff was very attentive, although their broken English was a little difficult to understand at times, which is understandable as describing these French dishes in perfect English would be challenging enough. The were three different price level of dining options, and we opted for the middle one. The staff did allow my wife and me to make minor substitutions.

The baguette and butter were undoubtedly French, and I do not dare to start explaining the different dishes that we had. Suffice to say that every plate was a work of art. The large white asparagus with seaweed jelly was very unique. The roasted sole with crayfish and the wagyu beef tenderloin were exceptional. Although each plate was small in portion, we were more than full at the end of the meal. As a parting gift, we were presented with a small Eiffel tower piece of chocolate in a blue Tiffany-like box.

The only reason why the visit did not receive a perfect rating from me was that the temperature of the restaurant was too warm, considering that a number of men wore dinner jackets.

Date of visit: May 2018
FB_Director_RCO, 支配人 at La Baie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear trungus1,

Thank you very much for letting us stay with you whilst in Osaka. I am glad you and your family had a chance to dine in La Baie and Xiang Tao during your stay and that you also enjoyed the breakfast buffet in Splendido. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with other readers, thank you.

We are delighted your daughter had her first Michelin Star experience in La Baie and it is very rewarding to us to learn how much you and your family enjoyed it. I am very happy Chef Gibert and our Ladies & Gentlemen were able to accommodate your special requests for ingredients substitution and allowed you to truly enjoy every aspect of the meal. Thank you for the note on the temperature of the dining room and following your feedback we have revised the AC settings.

Warmest regards from Osaka and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We love this restaurant, went with parents for mom's birthday celebrate during our Osaka trip this year. we found La Baie from tripadvisor, booked online

Perfect environment (not that quiet but not noisy that we like) , professional staff and great chef

Very good presentation on the food, delicious and you can feel the chef really make it with heart.

ALL GOOD, highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at La Baie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear kyCatCat,

What a honor to be the restaurant of choice for your mother’s birthday celebration, thank you for choosing La Baie! We are pleased to read your wonderful review and the particular comments regarding our Ladies & Gentlemen. Chef Gibert keeps the standards very high and takes great pride for La Baie’s environment and the Michelin Star quality of food and service. We hope your travels bring you back to Osaka in a not too distant future and we look forward to welcoming you back then!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We celebrated my sister's birthday at La Baie on 9 May 2017. Everything was just perfect, from ambiance, food, wine, to service, everything! I ordered a small cake when I made the reservation for my sister as a little surprise. The cake looked absolutely fantastic and tasted heavenly. The staff spoke very good English and so tourists had no problem communicating with them. Also, the sommelier was highly professional and knowledgeable. I had been thinking about choosing other fine dining restaurants in Osaka before going to La Baie. I am glad I made the right choice. La Baie made my sister's birthday extra special!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank LuLuCNL
FB_Director_RCO, General Manager at La Baie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear LuLuCNL,

We are thrilled to learn how special your sister’s birthday event was. Our Ladies & Gentlemen in La Baie really pride themselves for the finest personal services, and we very much appreciate you took the time to recognize their commitment to excellence and share your experience with other readers in Trip Advisor.

Thank you very much for choosing La Baie at The Ritz-Carlton, Osaka for this special event and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your party back in a not too distant future.

With warmest regards,