“Best breakfast for vegetarian”
Review of Le Bac a Sable

Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Thank goodness for the French & Japanese combination

Kaiseki = eating the seasons

We ate here a few times. Fabulous choice of quiche, breads, pastries...

Good coffee

Friendly & helpful service

Wish we had one of these in Sydney ☺️

Reviewed 15 April 2018

It is actually quite difficult to find early morning coffee in this neighborhood, which is why we ended up in Le Bac a Sable (opens at 7:00!). The coffee isn't strong but it does the job. They make really excellent croissants here - highly recommended. Their other baked goods look lovely but we didn't try them.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for breakfast and was so pleased I did. The bread was incredible. I had an omelette too which was very nice. Highly recommend

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for great French pastries for breakfast or a snack this is a great choice. We’ve been stopping in here on our visits over the years and it has gotten better over time. Breads, quiche, pastries, homemade jam, wooden tables and a French-cafe feel to it. Everything we ate was delicious and the coffee was great as well. They speak French, Japanese, and English and are open from 7am to 7pm.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Walked in, no greeting. There were no other customers, yet I was told I could not take a more comfortable table.

Waiter just approached (my small) table, did not offer greeting, just pointed to menu. When order arrived, it was just put on table, no acknowledgment that he was serving a live
person. The bread was ice cold and butter too hard to spread.

I️ had been to this establishment two years ago
on several occasions and never experienced a problem.

To top things off, I️ was charged extra 50 yen for milk for my one cup of coffee. The amount was minor, but the principle was annoying. Refills if ordered were an additional 200 yen.

I️ would not go back.