“A must do! ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and wonderful experience. A must do to try Japanese cuisine with a unique and 5 Star quality. Chef was friendly and has a wonderful ability with dry ageing.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I echo the sentiments of other diners, that the food is wonderful and the setting super special, but unfortunately we left incredibly disappointed. We booked through Voyagin and we were given the option of lunch or dinner prices. Given we were booking for 8pm we chose the dinner price (which seemed obvious and was therefore the most expensive of the two). However on the night it was clear that other couples were receiving courses that we weren’t. We were never given the option to ‘upgrade’ and were somewhat perplexed as to how they had paid for a ‘better’ menu when there had only been two choices (and like I say, we’d paid the highest amount). In the end I asked why we received less (which was slightly awkward given the intimate setting). Essentially I think there had been some error with our booking journey as we should’ve been given tiered options. I do feel that they would be better off giving all diners the same food (obviously aside from people with dietary requirements). There are only 10 seats and we felt like the cheap-skate cousins in the room. This was to be our one blowout meal of the holiday and frankly we probably would’ve paid the max to get the full experience. We didn’t have the option so please do beware when booking - had we known we’d chosen the third-rate menu (which granted in itself was still excellent) then I doubt we would’ve minded so much, but as it happens we paid the maximum (or so we thought) and felt confused every time others received food we missed out on. We gradually became more and more frustrated and disappointed as the meal went on. Such a shame given the amount we spent, and unfortunately it did feel tainted :(.

Date of visit: January 2018
8  Thank helenjanelondon
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant wasn’t easy to book and find. It is very close to Nishiki market. Back in September I was looking for a nice kaiseki restaurant to book. I enquirer many 3 Michelin stars and they were all booked out. Then I came across Jiki Miyazawa and read the exceptional reviews. I couldn’t get a booking through voyagin but fortunately my fiancée called them up and made a booking (spoke Japanese). It cost 150aud to book through voyagin, but only cost us around 8800yen per person (lunch).
Anyway the food was exceptional. I’ve had a lot of fine dining but I really enjoyed this one. The ingredients were fresh, cooking delicate, tasty but not overseasoned. I thought the chef Izumi expressed the true flavor of foods very well. Although very fine and delicate, I can relate to what I am eating. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Georgeaussyd
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I reserved two months earlier for the lunch. It’s new year’s menu. The chef prepared these courses and tried to explained to me in English what’s included. It’s perfectly for me who only eats fish and vegetables. I had a wonderful time with my family. Will definitely visit again if I come back some day.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We were blown away by how honest and unpretentious the preparation of this meal was, but incredibly carefully done with style and pride. The ingredients and methods (flower root, ten day aged fish, fugu, sesame three ways) were impressive and delicious. The feeling is very intimate in this place as it only seats nine, and we loved sitting in front of the head chef and watching him work. A very special Christmas Eve we won’t forget.

1  Thank Joasia-AU