APA Hotel Kyoto Eki Horikawadori
US$191
US$134
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$108
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$147
US$115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$284
US$117
Official Website
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$143
US$91
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$133
US$99
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$209
US$133
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Kyoto Itoya Hotel(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$107
Ryokan
Ryokufuso(Kyoto)
US$147
US$139
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$222
US$153
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstop floortypical business hotelsingle roompost officeroom was clean and comfortablebuffet stylesmall fridgethe buskyoto towerconvenience storeshort staylocation is excellentcomfortable stayonsensaunayenkettle
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Staying here for five nights for business. My company booked me in for a single room, decided to pay extra for a double room. This cost me ¥10,000 for an advance booking by phone for 5 nights. Definitely worth doing that, as the receptionist tried to charge me a lot more on arrival but realised she couldn't. Anyway, had one night in that room. Had problem with flies, complained to staff and showed them a tissue with the ones I caught. Got immediately upgraded to a premier room. Premier room is way much better, please see the photos. I was impressed, how the reception staff handled the situation and moved me immediately.

Breakfast however on the first morning was a different affair. Big lines and no time. The bath and sauna on top of the hotel are very good. Also the hotels proximity is close to the station and excellent for that. Considering this hotel is tourist saturated, it's very good and the service seems to be consistent. Based on my room, you get what you pay for here. A lot of the staff speak English and probably other languages. It's probably my best APA hotel to date.

Stayed: August 2017
アパホテル京都駅堀川通, Reception at APA Hotel Kyoto Eki Horikawadori, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

We are honored to read your warm comment regarding our location and service.
We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Japan.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I read the reviews of this hotel before staying and knew a little bit of what to expect. Unfortunately, I was still less than impressed.

Starting with the good points:

The hotel is a 3 minute walk from the train station and 5 minutes from an area with lots of interesting restaurants. Location wise, particularly if you are using Kyoto as a base to travel to other places, you can't fault this hotel. We were very pleased in this respect. There is a 7/11 beside it and also an absolutely superb coffee shop across from the hotel that we frequented every morning. The room itself was clean, and the cleaning staff were excellent. There are vending machines on nearly every floor for drinks, and while we didn't eat in the restaurant, the menu seemed extensive and reasonably priced.

The not so good points:

As you will have read on other reviews, the rooms are tiny. I definitely would not recommend staying here for longer than a night. We couldn't unpack as there is no storage space whatsoever and we spent the 5 days clambering over all of our stuff. The bathroom is equally small and because it is a shower room, pretty mouldy and unpleasant.
The hotel states that it has laundry facilities, it has one washer dryer to serve the whole hotel. We managed to use it once because understandably there are a lot of people who want to use it and because it is both a washer and dryer, it takes a long time. It also isn't very good, we had to keep putting the dryer back on to get anything dry. Of all the hotels we stayed in during our Japan trip, this was the only one to have such a severe lack of laundry facilities.
As stated in previous reviews, the WiFi is terrible. If you are planning your trip using WiFi, you will really struggle here as it frequently cuts out or simply doesn't work.
The final point that helps inform my rating is the communication. While we were there, the staff were very friendly and helpful. However during our trip I lost a bag with some jewelry. I contacted every hotel that we stayed in and every hotel replied to my enquiry promptly, and tried their best to locate it for me. I have contacted this hotel twice via email and tried to call numerous times, but the number listed on the website won't connect. In comparison to the customer service from all the other hotels we stayed in (many of these business hotels as well), this one has been very disappointing. It has been 5 days since my first email, and I'm not expecting any reply.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We are honored to read your warm comment regarding our location and service.
And your valuable comment will be shared by our team.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

First visit to Kyoto and so took a punt on a hotel which seemed to be well received. Got a standard single room. Now, I don't normally bother about the size of rooms, but this single was pretty minuscule. The bathroom capsule had an awkward 8 inch step down into the bedroom, which isn't ideal in the middle of the night when half asleep.
I was allocated one tea bag (no coffee, sugar, creamer etc). The bed and desk were covered in laminated fliers trying to persuade me to part with my cash in various ways, so luckily there weren't any in English. Obviously the hotel ensure that there is a huge tv which dominates the room (and which I never once turned on) so perhaps less money spent on the tv and more on the refreshments and maybe a leaflet or sticker explaining what the a/c buttons do. Or even a comfortable pillow.
I was generously allocated a bottle of water on my second day (would've been nice to have one waiting for me after my journey, but hey ho).
I didn't bother with the buffet breakfast at ¥1,300 as I knew I'd be able to eat locally for less.
Yes, it is handy for the railway station (and therefore not for downtown) but comparing the standard of room for virtually the same price in Tokyo it's a thumbs down from me and I usually like to see the best in places. I'll be visiting Kyoto again in 2018 but I'll stay elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your stay at our hotel very much and review.
Your valuable comment will be shared by our team.
We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to JAPAN.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

An easy walk from Kyoto station and good facilities but be prepared for a very small room. If you are not used to sleeping on a futon your will find it very hard and the pillows have bean bag balls in them. You will need to stand up to get dressed one at a time because there is very little elbow room however, the toiletries and room freebies will be more than you are used to. The English speaking TV channels like BBC are available but they are dubbed over in Japanese so be prepared to read subtitles. The biggest thing about the room is the TV and tea and coffee are not provided. The breakfast buffet is very good and helps introduce you to some Japanese food too.

Room Tip: You get a free bottle of water if you decline having the bed linen changed EVERY day. There is a fridge for you to use.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The location is really good , just couple minutes walk from the Kyoto station .
When I arrived there almost at 10pm on our first day in Kyoto . Right after we got off the station and directly to check in the hotel . The receptionist were nice and spoke good English . Next day morning , we expected the breakfast in buffet style . It said that the breakfast time started at 7am . But when we got there in front of the place . There are so many people are waiting in the long line who were all waiting to get in . The place for the breakfast was kind of small and the food is not quite delightful . Actually some of the food was salty. But when the counter was out of coffee , the staff was prepared the whole new pot and also poured for me in person. I wish that they can adjust the place for people to dining .

Room Tip: Nice location
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We are honored to read your warm comment regarding our location and service.
And also we share your value comment to our team.