4 people are viewing this hotel
US$94
Free cancellation until 09/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Booking.comUS$73
Hotels.comUS$94
travelup.comUS$91
1,812 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

this venerable chain never disappoints. Pleasant stay in a central location. While the hotel does offer free shuttle bus service to Kyoto station the distance is short enough for a pleasant walk as well.

2  Thank AhasverSaoPaulo
Explorer810241, マネージャー at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2020

Dear AhasverSao Paulo - san,

Thank you very much for having us stay at our hotel.
Thank you for choosing our hotel from among the hotels in Japan.
We will continue to devote ourselves to striving to give impression and satisfaction to many customers in the future.
We look forward to your continued use.

Reviewed 27 December 2019

I have stayed at this hotel many times. This time there was a mix-up with the booking (not the hotel's fault). The booking company booked me for one night instead of four. I had two helpful and apologetic reception staff dealing with it for about 15 minutes, but I eventually got a room for four nights. It wasn't the type of room I specified, but it was fine.

Every staff member I encountered - which were quite a few - were unfailingly polite and helpful. The concierge assisted me in booking a bus to Osaka airport. The bellhop even lent me his scales on my final morning at the hotel, so as to avoid any surprises at the airport. The free shuttle bus from the hotel to the train station is very appreciated and convenient, however the station is only about a 5 - 7-minute walk away.

The only cons: the bar staff are not very friendly, especially on my first night. The only other thing I didn't like was that the western-style breakfast buffet items were not hot, this despite my being the first person to serve myself at breakfast on at least two mornings. I don't really like room-temperature scrambled eggs. These things spoiled an otherwise enjoyable stay.

2  Thank Nick2741

Dear Nick 2741 - san,

This time thank you for your contribution to the review, thank you for your high evaluation.
We appreciate your satisfaction and I am very pleased.
Based on the opinion received this time, we will reform and continue to aim for better service improvement.
We look forward to your continued use.

Reviewed 25 December 2019

Our fourth stay at the Rhiga Royal. Always a pleasure. Recently renovated we found our room in perfect condition. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient and housekeeping does an exceptional job. Old world affordable charm. We especially like the short walk to Kyoto Station full of shopping and dining options. We'll continue to enjoy our visits to Kyoto and our stays here.

Room tip: The eighth floor is lovely.
1  Thank Dmanosaka

Dear Dmanosaka - san,
I heard that you were satisfied, so we are very pleased.
We will continue to promote better service in the future.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel offers rather basic accommodation with an excellent shuttle service from the station departing every 15min on the dot. We received excellent Service from the concierge desk to book a Kaiseki meal at a small restaurant down town. The hotel has a nice pool and a basic gym, but surprisingly sees fit to charge additional fees to use it even for hotel guests. They also make you wear a swim cap to enter the pool (suppose this is the custom in Japan).

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Erik F

Dear Erik F - san,
Thank you very much for having stayed at our hotel this time.
Thank you again for having posted a review.
We will continue to promote better service in the future.
We sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 December 2019

Although easy access to the station it is overpriced for what it offers. Rooms are small with the bed against a wall. Kettle and coffee maker were handy. Has an excellent pool but at an extra charge. There is a top floor restaurant - but not allowed to even have a drink there without having a meal. Small bar in the basement which gets busy at times.
Overall our rooms were clean and 'ok' but feel one would get better value and inclusive deals elsewhere

3  Thank ChrisR855
Explorer810241, マネージャー at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2020

Dear ChrisR855 san ,

Thank you very much for staying with us .
And thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed easy access to Kyoto station, however we are sorry for the inconvenience regarding our swimming pool fees and about not allowed to stay without having a meal at
TOP OF KYOTO , bar in the basement.
Please know that we are working to improve these issues , so we hope to welcome you back in the near future .

Stay safe, stay healthy.
Together, we can overcome.

Best regards,