Lowest prices for your stay
US$38
US$32
Booking.comUS$34
Hotels.comUS$38
TravelocityUS$38
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2019

While it is some distance from the main Kyoto Station it is in the middle shopping district and within walking distance of Gion district and the river. It is a great place to base yourself for exploring Kyoto near multiple subway lines and bus stops.

Rooms were clean and small (expected). The place was pretty modern, renovated recently I assume. Staff spoke English and were happy to help (had some bus questions).

Would stay again if staying in this area of Kyoto again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haph3
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights from 8 to 10 April. Would say that location is great for the price paid, it's highly accessible to Many places. Was within walking distance to Gion. Locating it was slightly difficult though, got to keep your eyes open. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful as well.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank derrickteo89
Reviewed 20 May 2019

I loved the location of this hotel, surrounded by shoppings and restaurants, walking distance to some attractions, and close to subway station and bus stop. The room was a good size and clean. The gave me bottle of water for every night that I was staying. I stayed in 2 other hotels of this chain in japan and I would definitely go back.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Valeria M
Reviewed 23 April 2019

This hotel is in a great location, you are a short walk from Gion, any train station, restaurants, shopping and pretty much everything you'll want or need as it's on the main street. The hotel was clean, room size (2 twin beds, the 1 bed room was very small) pretty big for Japan, and overall a great option for anyone looking to not break the bank.

My issue was the front desk staff not speaking English nor understanding much we asked. While they were very nice and tried to help as much as possible, they couldn't help with basic travel questions like "where is the nearest money exchange?". I don't expect anyone to be fluent in English but we could barely ask anything outside of checking in and checking out. However, on our way out 1 agent refused to let us check out because we had left our key in the room, eventually another agent came over and said it was okay. I think he didn't understand what we were saying about the key being left in the room.

Overall I would recommend this place, it's a great option for the price.

Room tip: Get a room with 2 twin beds, much bigger!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HowIJourney
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Talking about the room, it was typically small but we’re totally fine with it. There’s a time we wanted to wash our clothes and put it in a machine but there’s no english instructions at all, there’s no staff to help us with it, at the end it just ate our money and clothes remained unwahsed. Staff don’t speak english and it’s understandable to me, but their attitude is unacceptable. We checked out and asked a staff named K.Jato (as stated on his name tag) for a feedback method that we could help improve their service, but then he just said “Why?” And it’s repeated the same for few times to whatever we asked. Then we asked him for the manager’s phone number as we wanted to feedback direcltly to the manager, he gave us the number and we tried calling but it’s someone who couldn’t speak english as well. But the whole point here is that the staff were not helpful and not willing to try solving the problem. Terrible experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family