“Knife”

Ranked #18 of 537 Shopping in Kyoto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Bought a santoku knife, and they made my family name engraved on it. If you want to have a good memory of Kyoto

All reviews
"craftsmanship"
"purchase"
"yen"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could rave about this place for days ! It is absolutely amazing and the people working there are super friendly and nice. I went to multiple different knifes shops and actually bought a knife from another shop, but when I came across this shop I returned the knife that I got from the other shop because the prices here were way better and quality was much better.
I cannot recommend this place enough. Japanese knives are THE BEST. I've got 2 knives from this shop and they are super super sharp, I love using them. They can cut through anything with so much ease.

I think this is a great Japan experience, definitely recommend going to this shop and buying a Japanese knife and chatting with the awesome people who work there. They were very helpful and explained how to sharpen the knife and maintain it.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This little knife store is a real find - if you want to bring something home which is uniquely Japanese and keep that item for life then this is the place. The store is tiny and has a very small but ample range of Japanese knives and scissors for home and garden.

I was told by the owner that the store has been in its current location for over 80 years and tif you ask he will offer to hand stamp your name on every knife you buy. I loved this store.

1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 31 January 2018

So glad I read the reviews of this shop before buying knives. I had been to Aritsugu the day before and was both impressed and overwhelmed by the store. This was a totally different experience. Loveliest people you're ever likely to meet, treat you like family and certainly not trying to force you to buy. Made the whole process of purchasing knives a personal experience. Went in to buy 1 knife as a gift and walked out with 2 beautiful knives and a pair of secateurs. Prices are very reasonable, highly recommend.

1  Thank Kristen S