Lowest prices for your stay
US$410
Free cancellation until 26/05/22
Booking.comUS$414
TravelocityUS$410
ZenHotels.comUS$389
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

Outstanding Onsen Ryokan. Stayed here for one night and everything was perfect. Our room - exceptional (& oh so comfortable beds if your spine is a little futon’d out), the Onsen on the 10th floor with views from the outside bath over the harbour - immaculate. Also has a very welcoming 10th floor bar with views over Kobe Port Tower - perfect for a cocktail or some local sake to finish off the day and super friendly bar staff. Breakfast buffet very high quality, and although everything labelled in Japanese the staff were always on hand to help out.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobJenD
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

We would like appreciate for staying our hotel.
And we are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our room, restaurant, dinner, bar and our staff.
We are not located on the KOBE harbour but infront of it.
Therefore, you are able to enjoy the whole area of KOBE Harbour.
The view is the one of the most valuable our strong point.
Please visit us again.
Our staff will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

My room was shared with 3 other people whom I invited, and the room was nice and spacious including a balcony overlooking the pier. The view was great and the Onsen even included a peach leaf bath which was told to have anti-inflammatory properties. This was a good hotel and I definitely reccomend.

Date of stay: June 2019
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2019

We would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you seemed enjoy our room, onsen, and great view of KOBE Harbor.
Please visit us again anytime you have chance.
We will be wating for your return.

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and wonderful variety of onsens. The food served in the restaurant was delicious and of a good variety at reasonable prices. Great breakfast buffet as well. Our view was amazing. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at our hotel.

I'm glad to hear that you seemed enjoy our room, food, onsen, and great view of KOBE Harbor.

It's been only 3 years since we opened the business.

Please visit us again anytime you have chance, we promise that we keep our facilities as new.

Reviewed 13 June 2019

I stayed for 2 nights prior to a cruise and enjoyed the hotel room, onsen facilities and half-board meals but did find the location inconvenient.

I arrived by train from Osaka at Sannomiya and took the complimentary shuttle to Kobe Minato Onsen Ren. The shuttle pick-up point is a bit of a walk from the station on the opposite side of a busy roadway so you have to go up to the above road walkways to cross and it was a bit of a walk with luggage. I was the first at the shuttle stop but soon after, many others appeared waiting for the shuttle. It turns out all the others were not hotel guests but customers who were planning to go use the onsen facilities only, made no allowance for me with my heavy luggage and, uncharacteristically for Japanese, pushed ahead of me to board. There are no luggage racks in the interior of the shuttle bus and no luggage storage space under the bus so I had to place my suitcase across two seats, luckily available up front. It would have been very difficult to drag the luggage much further back in the bus through the narrow aisle had space not been available in front. I mentioned this to hotel reception when I arrived suggesting they update their website to warn guests the shuttle bus is not designed for hotel guests with full size suitcases (as opposed to carry on size bags) so guests with suitcases would be better off taking a taxi. The other slightly tricky point is that the shuttle bus stops in front of the onsen facility entrance rather than the hotel entrance and hotel guests have to walk around to the side of the building for the hotel lobby.

I arrived around 12:30 or 1 pm and was originally told rooms would not be available until check in time at 3 pm. Fortunately the manager was able to expedite cleaning and I did not have to wait long for a room to be ready. The hotel operates with a wristband system where the band acts as the hotel room key, onsen facility pass, as well as is used to charge for food and beverage.

Once I was in my room, all frustrations of the arrival process quickly dissipated as the room was huge, beautifully furnished with typical Japanese elegance and had a balcony with a great view of Meriken Park across the water (especially beautiful when lit up at night). The room had two Western beds but also a tatami mat sitting area where staff will in the evening set up a futon for sleeping if the guest requests. I ended up opting for sleeping in the futon for my stay and it was very comfortable. Staff first put down a cushioned mattress pad on the floor before putting the futon bedding on top. I also asked for the futon to be arranged so I faced the water view so it was a beautiful sleeping experience to fall asleep to the night view and wake up to the morning view.
The hotel provides yukatas that guests are welcomed to wear throughout the hotel and onsen facility, including at the restaurants. One weak point is the hotel wifi. It was generally OK for my cellphone but slow, but was really slow for my laptop and not that functional to use on my laptop.

The onsen facility is in a separate building connected by a walkway from the hotel building on the second floor and use is complimentary for hotel guests. One advantage of staying at the hotel is that you can use the onsen baths either very early in the morning when it first opens or late at night just before it closes when no onsen-only guests are there and you can enjoy a more peaceful experience. The onsen facility is beautiful and has great variety. There are several indoor pools with different qualities - one with floating grass or herbal packets to infuse the water and another carbonated to provide benefits for circulation. There is also a sauna and a steamroom. Outdoor, there are several rock garden style pools with different depths and different temperatures and, in my view, the best part of an onsen experience is always to sit in the outdoor pools looking up into sky. The hotel building itself also has small baths, separated for men and for women - in each, a small indoor pool, an even smaller outdoor pool and an outdoor jacuzzi tub but none with any of the Japanese flavour of the main onsen facility.

I booked a half board rate inclusive of breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is open seating starting at 7 am but dinner is in two fixed seatings. I had the later dinner seating at 7:45 pm. Both meals are served buffet style and there is a huge selection of food at both times. Food quality is very good and at dinner, there were several dishes featuring the famous local Kobe beef - in slices from a roast, in stews and in individual sized hotpots. Breakfast features both Western standards such as eggs, sausage and bacon but also many Japanese items. There are cute rolling tables set up next to each table for guests to roll over to the buffet to gather their food so that guests do not need to hold the trays and can also put more food on the two shelves of the rolling table in one trip than one can carry on a tray.

The hotel is not located close to anything so you pretty much need to take the complimentary shuttle to and from Sannomiya station to do anything. It is set at the end of a pier in a mostly industrial area and there is not even a ubiquitous convenience store such as 711 or Family Mart within walking distance. Of course with the wonderful onsen facility, it is quite possible to spend all your time and eat all your meals at the hotel and attached onsen facility but if you need to venture out, you will need to follow the shuttle schedule or take a taxi.

Overall I found the location of the Kobe Minato Onsen Ren not convenient, but I loved the hotel facilities, the room, the view and the onsen facility.

Room tip: Ask for view toward Meriken Park, beautiful, especially at night
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2019

First of all, I would like to thank you that you had all trouble coming to our hotel with your full size carry cases. Our hotel is located in front of Kobe Harbor, therefore, we can provide our guests the great view of KOBE. However, it’s little far from main city area.

I’m glad you seemed enjoyed the view, Onsen facilities, breakfast, and dinner. The cuisine is changed by season.

For the information, our check-in time is 15:00PM, but we are able to arrange early check-in with extra fee. Please inform us few days before your arrival.

We will be waiting for your next visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 May 2019

The location is good(you can walk to Kobe port tower), overall staffs are very good, welcoming and trying to give good experience.
But, after checkout, my son had carsickness from short trip to the city and want to have some minutes of calmdown before another ride to airport. Then, all of sudden one of the staff came close and never asking why nor what happened to the child, told us "he should not sleep in the lobby"which is very disappointing and blew off all good memories in Kobe.
I think they still need to learn what real politness means. As far as I know the class of the facilty comes from how much you care about a person.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank yanggiman
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

We would like to appreciate your stay at our hotel.

It seems that you had had a good time until check out.
However, we feel sorry that one of our staff ruined your precious memory of KOBE trip.
The staff should have asked you what had happened to your son at first.
What he had done to you was not acceptable to our hotel policy.
We always train our staff to be kind, polite, and helpful to our guests.
We will retrain our staff and wait for your return.

Sincerely