“Fantastic place to try Kobe in Kobe”

Kobe Beef Steak Ishida Kitanozaka
Ranked #5 of 11,992 Restaurants in Kobe
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stumbled upon this place during our quick stop in Kobe. We wanted to experience Kobe beef and my friend found this place on Yelp (are we allowed to write that?). The cab driver took us straight there. The place is located upstairs so don't be fooled. We did not make a reservation but was seated right away on Sunday at approx 5pm (party of 4).
Location/Ambiance: It is located on the main strip of Kobe...surrounded by about a million other restaurants offering "kobe" beef. The outside does not look like much, but the ambiance is definitely nice once you enter the restaurant. It is set up like a sushi restaurant with a main bar area and then booths. The booths are somewhat private. The main difference is that there is a teppanyaki grill set up in front. We had a private booth in the corner. Great for small group. We were probably the loudest, but the servers were not rude and definitely had a good time along with us. The restrooms were clean.
Service: REally good throughout. The servers were able to speak english as well did our chef. This made the dinner a lot more enjoyable. Water was refilled and the food came out in a very entertaining style. I have been to different teppanyaki restaurants in the US, this was nothing like it. Very sophisticated in cooking styles and presentation. I enjoyed interacting with the chef. But there was nothing done just for the drama. Every movement was intentional. The servers were very polite and attentive.
food: We optived for the Tenderloin kobe (largerst portion) which came out to approx $200 per person. We also added the shrimp (a must do) and fried rice option (must do). The shrimp was delicated cooked and seasoned. You were able to eat the whole shrimp by the time he was done. Very delicious. The steaks came out in a set but was cooked separately. I appreciated this because it allowed us to savor it. The meat was well marbled. No certificate came with it, I just trusted them that it was indeed A-5. We asked for medium rare. You start off with approx 5 pieces. They give you 2 different salts, pepper, mustard, and 2 dipping sauces. I think a little bit of salt is all you need. Each bit was heaven. Then they cook veggies in the fat, that was fantastic as well. But my favorite was the fried rice. Once again cooked in fat with chunks of beef. There was an ice cream at the end. The the meal was all about the beef and it was fantastic.
I would recommend this place for the service and food. Although i have nothing to compare it to, I am confident that you can't go wrong with this place.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Amazing experience with a senior chef. We ordered the premium set which costed 8,800 yen. The beef was spectacular and the condiments were good too. We also had the fried rice which I recommend as a must have! the service was great like most other japanese places. if i visit japan again i wouldn't miss this restaurant

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Kobe beef was on point. Every part of the steak was utilised including the nice fats. Light music and soft teppanyaki cooking. Absolutely enjoyed every minute there.

Thank Jacelynn Bernic... P
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived about midday for lunch. The restaurant is quite small and we hadn't booked so we had to wait for about half an hour before we got a table.

It was definitely worth the wait. We ordered off the lunch set menu which was ¥8,800 per person for 150g of the A5 Kobe beef. Included in this we got a salad, rice, some vegetables, miso soup, a sorbet and a coffee.

The chef cooked the beef in front of us on a hot plate. It was amazing. The marbled fat made it very juicey and tender. Even though 150g doesn't sound like a lot it actually felt like a decent amount of meat while we were eating it.

The staff spoke very good english and the chef explained which sauces we should use for what food which was helpful.

Overall if you're visiting Kobe, want to try Kobe beef and are prepared to pay the high price, here is definitely a place to visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I visited with my family this time and it was another great food experience as expected. The kobe beef was as delicious as i remembered

1  Thank NobianAndre