2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Agoda.com
US$88
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$100
Hotels.comUS$102
ZenHotels.comUS$112
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Stayed in one of their family rooms. Old decoration, poor amenities and dreadful service -at £400 a night!!!!!!
Housekeeping stripped the beds one day and just left them unmade.
We complained (no apology from the front desk) and housekeeping begrudgingly came and made them up, but didn't replace towels or take rubbish away. After another complaint they came back and left a bag of towels, but didn't take the old ones, and took rubbish and my son's souvenirs.
We ate in the Chinese restaurant - the service is dreadful, food is like a cheap Chinese takeaway and again really expensive.
Much better to stay at a hotel in Kobe.

Room tip: Best tip is to find a different hotel
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

Only a short walk from JR Maiko station. For your convenience you will find an elevator that brings you from the road up to the hotel which is situated on a hill.
This hotel offers a huge room, with (in our case) two queensized beds. There is sufficient cupboard space and room to store your suitcases. We haven’t encountered any of the problems mentioned in previous reviews. Hotel slippers and lots of other amenities are provided, the beds are firm, there are enough electricity sockets and the airco works well. The room is clean and the hotel staff friendly. The hotel is located near a beach. We haven’t had breakfast (or dinner) here so I can’t comment on the restaurant(s). There is a Family Mart nearby down the road.
And ofcourse... the view is amazing. Do ask for seaview, it is breathtaking.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2019

This area is a must see! Unfortunately, the Maiko seaside villa is NOT the best place to stay. They offered nice sized rooms for Japan. Beds are singles and hard as rocks, no soft mattresses. Room has no individual AC controls, heat only! Faucets drip cause they are old and need replaced. No washcloths! Restaurants have a view to kill for, but are pricey. Carpets are old and need replaced. Very few electrical plugs and the few there were, didn't work. They offer a free shuttle bus from Maiko-koen station BUT, there is no where to put your luggage, only seats! What's up with that?
Just kinda old school.

Room tip: Don't choose a room there
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

I feel lucky for my choice of Maiko villa. I’m a bridge lover. The hotel’s room is face to the Akashi kaikyo bridge. I can see it from the morning to the night. Excellent.
The hotel have a free shuttle bus from Maiko Station in every hours. Till to the 22:00. And all the facilities are perfect. There has an onsen in annex. Not free but just 200jpy for hotel guests.
I’m truly grateful thanks for the shuttle bus driver who sent me to the station in the last time. He helped me to take my luggage and led me to the elevator. I can feel Japanese are kindness.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank leilalir
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We spent a one week in this hotel. We attended a three-day confetence and for the rest of the days we travel a bit around. Our room faces the bridge and view is excellent both during tge day and and night. The room is very big (Japan standard). The hotel is about 5 minutes on foot to the Maiko train station. Free shuttles are available but the walk itself is very pkeasant. Breakfast is nice with both Japanese and western style foods. Fruits and juices (freshly preared) are plentiful. Maiko is a quieter place compared to tge much more busy Kobe downtown. But the walk at the Esplanade and the historical buildings around is very enjoyable.

Date of stay: October 2018