2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$175
TraveluroUS$153
TravelocityUS$175
1,124 results
All reviews rokko island easy access kobe beef liner lounge train
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Overall the breakfast was excellent, rooms were comfortable especially the beds, there's an in-house onsen which was free to use, staff spoke passable English and were genuinely helpful. There's also a convenient bus limousine service to KTX airport. Overall highly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RupertS941
Reviewed 2 February 2020

Even though the hotel is not located in a very central part of the city I enjoyed staying here. They have parking facilities which were free. Not sure if it was because of my Reward status, but I assume it is free for all guests.

The staff is nice and freiendly and the room was pretty big. I was working in the evening and the room was pretty dark though, not much light to find.

The sleeping quality in the bed was very comfortable so I slept good before I travelled to the nezt city the day after.

Recommended.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Paal_Kri
Reviewed 30 October 2019

I actually had high hopes and was really looking forward to our stay at the Kobe Bay Sheraton on Rikko Island. I was debating between Marriott properties in Osaka vs. Kobe, but chose Kobe because i thought it would be a better choice with all the amenities i have read about in the forum & website. After staying there 3 nights, i totally regret my decision for the following reasons.

1) biggest letdown was the wifi, or the lack of. The wifi coverage is weak to say the least. It was sooo bad that i tried to test the wifi speed using my PC, it wouldn't even register any speed due to the poor connectivity from not just in the room, but everywhere in the public space (lobby, conference room area, and even when connected via LAN Ethernet cord). I called down to the front desk who kindly brought up a portable wifi, but this was 2G speed. Could not connect to wifi anywhere in the hotel which prevented me from meeting certain work deadlines. Soooo frustrating and upsetting. I found a McDonalds & Tully coffee near the tram line which offered good wifi. McDonalds opened at 7am and sometimes i camped outside of the McD just to get wifi access (they limit it to 1 hour use at a time). Sheraton needs to invest money to upgrade their Wifi because I will NEVER choose to stay here in the future if this is not resolved.
2) Poor offerings in the club lounge. This is the smallest club lounge that i have stayed at any Sheraton property in Asia. The food offering is extremely limited and you are now allowed to take anything to your room (even water or coffee).
3) far from everything. there is direct city bus that will take you from hotel to Sannomiya station which is where all the restaurants & department stores are located every 15 mins but will cost you around 400 yen each way. Getting to Osaka takes ~1 hour and to Kyoto ~1.5-2 hours and cost around $10-$15 USD each way. I think Osaka would be a better base if you plan to travel the area.
4) service is a hit/miss at the property. Just does not compare to a typical Sheraton hotel level of service in Asia.

My advise is to anyone looking to find accommodation in Kobe is to look elsewhere. I got a great deal on the hotel rate, but still felt like it was a big letdown.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank xbanker
KOBEBAYSHERATON, General Manager at Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2019

Dear xbanker,

Thank you very much for choosing Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers for your recent stay.
We appreciate your valuable feedback and we are glad to hear that you can enjoy your stay with us.

However, we apologize for the wifi facilities and club lounge service.
We will share your comments with our team.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel, we certainly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Kobe.

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Beware beware beware!!!
I unfortunately stayed at the Kobe Sheraton where I contracted ringworm from the spa or the shower in my room. I understand that these things happens. the reaction and how they’ve handled The issue was so unsatisfactory that I feel the need to share!!!!!! They offer me $92 to cover cost of the treatment (spent $250 on the Dr.)
There reaction was to deny any responsibility and implied that I was lying. I have been a Marriott/Sheraton Bonvoy Loyalty member for over 6 years with over 300 nights stayed in there of properties. I have never made a complaint EVER!!
After the front office manager informed me that on his and the case was closed, I went to corporate office route That’s when I got this offer of $92 which he’s say I probably can’t collect. Anyone that knows me knows that I can give a rats about $92 it’s a joke!!!!!!!!!
Please share beware don’t ever stay at the Kobe bay Sheraton!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank irishtsd
Reviewed 2 October 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights with our rugby tour, room was very nice and bed comfy, breakfast had a good choice, found it very strange that no bars open during day, especially the sports bar as 2 coach loads of rugby fans had checked in, also having to pay to use pool and gym, sky bar had a nice view but you have to pay a cover charge to sit there even though you are buying drinks, the wine was very expensive in there, location a little bit far out from centre of Kobe but there are regular trains, added bonus the England lads were staying there at same time

Date of stay: September 2019
KOBEBAYSHERATON, General Manager at Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

We appreciate your valuable feedback.
And, we must apologize to you for matters in your stay.

We really regret to know that we were not able to exceed your expectations.
If you reserve the club floor rooms, you are able to use the gym, swimming pool complimentary.
We will share your comments with all staff .

Once again, thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel, and we truly hope that you will allow us a second chance to serve you and allow us to prove that this was not a regular occurrence.