Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
Free cancellation until 26/05/22
Booking.comUS$151
Hotels.comUS$159
ZenHotels.comUS$177
All reviews superb hotel top floor morning breakfast japanese hospitality gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

Oriental Kobe is not part of the Mandarin Riemtal, just so you know. Nor is it in the original lovely building from the 1930’s. Never mind. The lobby and bar / restaurant on the top floor is lovely, and we had a very nice lunch there.

The rooms are.......tired. They are also weirdly laid out, with the wahbasin in the room itself, and the loo and shower/bath in separate wee rooms. Very old style Japanese.

Although I had called before I booked to make dur the gym was open and promised it was, it of course wasn’t. The gym was the only reason we booked this particular hotdl, and it didn’t say ‘gym closed’ on the eebdite but gave the opening hours. I don’t like being lied to, so I went down to the 8th floor to be met by a hastily sent up chap who blocked the foor, saying ‘closed for corona’.
So I had a look inside and.......the gym had been converted to a storage room.

So......’nul points from me’ as they say in the Eurovision Song Contest.....

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nils W
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

I have stayed this hotel some time a year. The reason why is the most “reasonable” hotel in my thought.

Room - Room and bath are sufficiently wide and clean. Interior is relaxing, nice to feel Kobe city and convenient to use, i.e. place of outlet plugs, safety box, wide closet, air cleaner and so on. I note only one to concern is free wi-fi. I use 4G usually so I hope to tell them to protect it.

Services - People at reception, room service, restaurant, turndown and others are polite and kind (I was upgraded the room sometimes luckily. wow!).

Room service - Plates are very good. Hotel’s recommendation seems curry and rice. I note it’s wonderful.

Location - It’s located at the center of Kobe, at the half of Sannomiya station and Motomachi station. It is very good for shopping. I note it take about eight minutes from the stations.

Cost - The fee is fifteen thousands or so in case of single use of double or twin room. (Of course it is dependent on seasons.)

After comparison of the pros and cons, I think it is the best for me to stay in Kobe.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank original_kamikaze
OmotenashiHotelsKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2020

Dear Mr. or Ms. Lumo1101

Thank you for your kind message regarding our hotel.
I really appreciate all of your comments.

We always try to be sincere with our customers
and offer our best Japanese OMOTENASHI to them.

So that we think if we were the customers, what kind of products, services or interiors satisfy them
before taking every actions.

In terms of our Wi-Fi,
we are considering it to improve the speed since we had some comments on it.
Hopefully it would be changed until your next stay in our hotel.

Last but not least,
this year is our 10th anniversary, so we are planing to start some new services
and enhance the quality of our service for further customers' satisfaction.
So if there is anything that we could help with, do not hesitate to contact us, please.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 6 November 2019

My husband and I loved everything about this hotel. It was one of the most beautiful hotels that we have ever stayed in. Perfect in every way. We spent three nights in a deluxe harbour view king room. The room itself was very spacious, beautifully decorated, clean and had a wonderful view of the harbour. To top things off it had a nespresso machine and a complimentary mini bar that was refilled every day. The public spaces were very atmospheric and conveyed a past era perfectly. We loved the bar with its amazing views. Although not on the menu the bartender made me a perfect negroni ( OK more than one). One evening we ate in the restaurant and found the food to be delicious. The service at the front desk, in the bar and in the restaurant was impeccable. The room attendants did an excellent job. We thought that our room, the bar and the restaurant all represented excellent value for money. Neither my husband nor I could find a single fault with the Oriental Hotel. Even better, the Oriental Hotel's location in Kobe cannot be beat. I am so pleased that we discovered this very special hotel. Highly recommended!!

3  Thank Donna C
OmotenashiHotelsKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2019

Dear Ms. Siwa08

Thank you for staying in our hotel for your precious occasion.
It was very honored for us to give our best Omotenashi to you.

All of our staff are always trying to live up with our customers' expectations
and hopefully, exceed them.

We were also very glad that we could give you a sense of the past era of our hotel and Kobe
since our concept is "a tale of unbroken traditions woven across the boundaries of time."

So we really appreciate all of your comments on our hotel
and we are very looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in a bay view room, and very much enjoyed our time here! The hotel is walking distance to a ton of shops and restaurants, and that was a nice plus. My only complaint is that the lighting in the room was quite dim, which made it challenging to apply makeup and generally get ready in the mornings.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OmotenashiHotelsKobe, Guest Relations Manager at Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Dear joeycakes13,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us here on TripAdvisor.

First off, thank you for your feedback in regards to our room lighting. We have received similar suggestions in the past and are actively looking for ways to keep the same relaxing atmosphere and tone while making sure our guests can still use our guests rooms effectively.

We are thrilled to hear that everything else was suffice and enjoyable! We hope that if you're ever in our neck of the woods again, you will choose us as your residence while in Kobe.

Until we meet again, we wish you happy travels!

Reviewed 12 October 2019

The room was ideal, with a great view over Kobe to the mountains. Comfortable, clean, and with a nice bathroom. The gym was also a positive, as the CV machines looked out over the city to the port. In a (rare) nice touch, the dumbells went up to 20kg as well...

The location was perfect - ten minutes walk from Sannomiya station, making it 25 minutes total via the tube to Shin-Kobe. Ten minutes in the other direction gets you to the port, and ten minutes West to Chinatown.

The restaurant/bar at the hotel were great, and I'd highly recommend the taster menu in Dinner By Pacific. A little pricey (£205 for two of us) it was still great, and in a beautiful setting. If you want a window table, either reserve or arrive before 7pm, as they fill up quickly.

2  Thank Thomas L
OmotenashiHotelsKobe, Guest Relations Manager at Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2019

Dear ClubberGOA,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the rest of the community here on TripAdvisor.
We have said time after time that the feedback from our guests (both good and no so) is a vital part of ensuring every guest have the greatest experience possible.

As you mentioned, we are fortunate to be in such a centered location just a short walk from some of Kobe's most popular spots. Also we would like to thank you for your recommendation of Main Dining by The House of Pacific, our chefs are always hard at work designing the perfect menu for each season. Our window tables are on a first come first serve basis, so your advice is spot on!

Thank you once again for your thoughtful review and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.