Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$188
View deal
Booking.comUS$232
Hotels.comUS$188
PricelineUS$498
TravelocityUS$188
Orbitz.comUS$188
eDreamsUS$232
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

The onsen hotel is located on top of the hill which provides excellent views. The room is clean and the food is also excellent, especially the breads they served.

Only challenge is walking up the very very steep slope to the hotel. Best is to call the hotel for their shuttle service to pick up at the train or bus station. The staffs do able to speak simple English.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Location: In Arima onsen area but 10 minute walk from the busiest street and 30 minute walk from cable car station to Rokko Mountain. The less accessible location, however, is compensated by the more affordable rate in this area.
Room: Well-maintained and spacious. The ones facing south have good view.
Dining: They offer dinner and breakfast in a room on the same floor. So if you travel in group, you may dine together but still have privacy. The food is okay, but not surprising.
Other: The onsen street (water-playing park) is a mini carnival in summer night (not sure if it is every night). There are food stalls, beer garden, live band and some game stalls for children. You are recommended to spend some time there with your yukata on. If you drive, you may drive for 20 minutes to Rokkosan to enjoy the spectacular night view of Kobe.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This overnight escape from living in the city managed to do the trick. My wife and I booked one of the log cabins which turned out to be wonderfully cozy and with a leafy outlook. Ideal for a family of 4 otherwise go for a standard cabin. All staff we came accross were all friendly and welcoming. The gent greeting people out the front on arrival made for a smooth entry.

The pool and Jacuzzi are available for those occupying the cabins and we utilized both. In fact, we had it to ourselves. Such a nice surprise.

The onsen is probably the main attraction and served its purpose. Calming and relieving although the water temperature was rather warm.

Breakfast and dinner were served in the restaurant within the cabin area. The meals were satisfactory. The stew which we had for dinner was tasty, although the meat was largely gristle in one of our meals. A little more attention to detail from the chefs may be required.

The grounds of the hotel are really lush and beautiful to walk around. I'd recommend spending some time wandering around.

I'm sure we'll be back.

Room tip: Choose a cabin if you're looking for that cottage feeling. Regular cabins may be a good choice for couples.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We always travel to Japan and first time staying this building. Great disappointment. Paid price for 3 adults and 1 kid. Confirmation read 3 adults 1 kid in japanese tatami room with dinner.

When we paid and checked in, they do not allow us to bring in our stroller to the ryokan told us to park outside building. Fine.

Dinner time told us expedia and hotels.com made a 'mistake'. The kid price we paid does not include dinner and does not include bed or mattress. There are also no kimono for kid and kid are not allowed in onsen even with adults.

However confirmation letter stated 3 adults 1 kid with dinner they argued is expedia and hotels.com fault for accepting our payment even when we paid a higher price. We requested to order some food since our kid has no food for dinner at 9pm. They mentioned they do not have cafe or restaurant and kids are not welcome. Told us to complain if we wish. So we drove downhill convenience pack some spegathi for our poor kid who is so hungry.

This is a expensive and totally disgusting building (the manager mentioned they are not hotel so don't expect service. We seriously regretted booking this old building with poor attitude staff and manager. We requested one pillow for our kid as no bed was prepared. They demanded 3000yen for 1 extra pillow. Gosh i have better place to spend my money than getting such lousy service at a high price.

Book this place at your own risk.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank travelerSingapore
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was my first time to Kobe and I had the privilege of being driven by a couple of new friends to this onsen, when we arrived I was blown away by the amount of onsens in the general area, I’m told that there’s about 30. We were greeted by staff at the entrance who were happy to direct us to the onsen itself, the bath was fantastic but then I haven’t come across one that I didn’t like in my 8 times to Japan, there was a special bath that had what looked like brown rusty coloured water, my friend tells me that the water is originally clear but because it has a lot of iron in it when the water reaches the surface it oxidizes and turns the rusty colour-excellent. After the bath, we had a delicious lunch which we dragged out for a couple of hours whilst I got to know my new friends, All in all I enjoyed this ryokan style hotel and would love to come back as a guest in the not too distant future, the service was extremely good and very professional, I found the staff very polite and very friendly, the food was excellent. Highly recommend Arima Onsen.

Date of stay: June 2017