Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
PricelineUS$494
TravelocityUS$185
Booking.comUS$237
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This overnight escape from living in the city managed to do the trick. My wife and I booked one of the log cabins which turned out to be wonderfully cozy and with a leafy outlook. Ideal for a family of 4 otherwise go for a standard cabin. All staff we came accross were all friendly and welcoming. The gent greeting people out the front on arrival made for a smooth entry.

The pool and Jacuzzi are available for those occupying the cabins and we utilized both. In fact, we had it to ourselves. Such a nice surprise.

The onsen is probably the main attraction and served its purpose. Calming and relieving although the water temperature was rather warm.

Breakfast and dinner were served in the restaurant within the cabin area. The meals were satisfactory. The stew which we had for dinner was tasty, although the meat was largely gristle in one of our meals. A little more attention to detail from the chefs may be required.

The grounds of the hotel are really lush and beautiful to walk around. I'd recommend spending some time wandering around.

I'm sure we'll be back.

Room tip: Choose a cabin if you're looking for that cottage feeling. Regular cabins may be a good choice for couples.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We always travel to Japan and first time staying this building. Great disappointment. Paid price for 3 adults and 1 kid. Confirmation read 3 adults 1 kid in japanese tatami room with dinner.

When we paid and checked in, they do not allow us to bring in our stroller to the ryokan told us to park outside building. Fine.

Dinner time told us expedia and hotels.com made a 'mistake'. The kid price we paid does not include dinner and does not include bed or mattress. There are also no kimono for kid and kid are not allowed in onsen even with adults.

However confirmation letter stated 3 adults 1 kid with dinner they argued is expedia and hotels.com fault for accepting our payment even when we paid a higher price. We requested to order some food since our kid has no food for dinner at 9pm. They mentioned they do not have cafe or restaurant and kids are not welcome. Told us to complain if we wish. So we drove downhill convenience pack some spegathi for our poor kid who is so hungry.

This is a expensive and totally disgusting building (the manager mentioned they are not hotel so don't expect service. We seriously regretted booking this old building with poor attitude staff and manager. We requested one pillow for our kid as no bed was prepared. They demanded 3000yen for 1 extra pillow. Gosh i have better place to spend my money than getting such lousy service at a high price.

Book this place at your own risk.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank travelerSingapore
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was my first time to Kobe and I had the privilege of being driven by a couple of new friends to this onsen, when we arrived I was blown away by the amount of onsens in the general area, I’m told that there’s about 30. We were greeted by staff at the entrance who were happy to direct us to the onsen itself, the bath was fantastic but then I haven’t come across one that I didn’t like in my 8 times to Japan, there was a special bath that had what looked like brown rusty coloured water, my friend tells me that the water is originally clear but because it has a lot of iron in it when the water reaches the surface it oxidizes and turns the rusty colour-excellent. After the bath, we had a delicious lunch which we dragged out for a couple of hours whilst I got to know my new friends, All in all I enjoyed this ryokan style hotel and would love to come back as a guest in the not too distant future, the service was extremely good and very professional, I found the staff very polite and very friendly, the food was excellent. Highly recommend Arima Onsen.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Shinboner_18
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

It is very nice resort. We had a nice view of Japanese style room. We are very impressed with the quality of service. The breakfast and kaiseki dinner are excellent. We stayed there for 4 days the breakfast and dinner are not the same. Cheers Allan from Singapore

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2017

The onsen is a little bit off from the main area of Arima, however do not let this stop you from coming here. They also provide a shuttle service so its easy to get to. The service is amazing and the area is excellent. As for the onsen, there are two different onsen areas at this hotel. Both are excellent. As for the room, it is spacious and well maintained. For foreigners, the English is prefect so expect no problems. Overall, it is an excellent ryokan to relax and refresh yourself.

Date of stay: February 2017