Lowest prices for your stay
US$204
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2018

8 of us, including an 8 and 13 years old boys and my 83 years old auntie, came to this onsen for 2D1N retreat during our trip to Osaka. The hotel is conveniently located with regular shuttle service to the quaint little town. It is a beautiful town with the autumn leaves and I'm glad to have made the decision to take this trip from Osaka. The 4-pax room is clean and has good greenery view. Although it doesn't have the personal touch of smaller onsen ryokan I usually prefer, it has an entertainment complex at the public onsen which is accessible from a dedicated lift from the guest room floor. The public onsen has a number of various spa, massage area, hot rock, game room etc. It wasn't too crowded considering it's the peak season but we used the onsen reserved for hotel guests only. It wasn't crowded either but the onsen is pretty basic without view.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Arima Kirari, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2017

A very relaxing 2D1N treat at Urara. 2 meals included. In this same Kansai trip, we also booked a traditional style but more expensive ryokan package in Arashiyama and found this one in Arima worth the money. Arashiyama has nice overall ambience though.

Pros for Arima View Hotel Urara:
1. Hot spring
a plus to be able to use the public but very decent big onsen free, the rooftop onsen with light music was specially relaxing. Mostly Japanese families in the onsen so I guess it's also a popular choice for them.
I used the hotel private onsen with the same 2 types of mineral water as the public one the next morning. For most of the time, there were no other hotel guests. I found it very enjoyable and refreshing myself in a "private" onsen.

Meals:
very sumptuous traditional Japanese dinner, a variety of choices for breakfast

Free shuttle ride:
to and from the Arima Onsen train station
there's a timetable stuck outside the station and look for the minibus for the public onsen "太閤之閣“, not the hotel name

Cons:
the staff don't speak a lot of English
but you'll be fine with sincerity in communication
We got what we need.

Overall, it's an onsen resort with ryokan room choices. Very relaxing retreat. If you have time, spending half a day at Mt Rokko is also a nice idea.
Don't miss the superb panoramic view of Kobe from the mountain as well.

Room tip: you can request a non-smoking room even the Japanican website says you cannot. the hotel got us one.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gonowtotheworld
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Arima Kirari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

A friend and I were looking for a relaxed, no rush weekend onsen break and that's just what we found in Arima View Hotel. We chose this hotel specifically for a couple reasons: first, it's attached to Taiko no Yu, a large, "super-sento" style bath house. Staying guests receive free entry to Taiko no Yu from the day they check in to well past checkout on the day they leave. (Entrance is over ¥2000 for non-staying guests.) Second, the price is quite reasonable, especially considering Arima is one of the most expensive areas in all of Hyogo Prefecture.

Overall, we were really impressed. Arima View is a large onsen hotel and there were many staying guests, so from my past experiences at similar hotels in other onsen towns, I was expecting the room to be small and not exactly sparkling clean, and for the meal to be more on the bland side due to mass production. However, everything exceeded my expectations. It seems that the hotel was newly remodeled about five years ago, and it really shows through in the cleanliness of the rooms and onsen areas. The theme of the hotel seems to be poems about Arima (maybe not that interesting if you don't speak Japanese) which is a nice touch. The dinner (we chose the cheapest course available, the chef's choice) showcased spring vegetables, and each course had a distinct flavor. Even the buffet-style breakfast was delicious and everything tasted fresh.

I will add that Taiko no Yu was quite crowded with day-trippers on the Saturday we stayed, but cleared up a bit Sunday morning. Since we weren't in any rush and could come and go as we pleased it wasn't an issue, but for those with time constraints staying on the weekend it might be something to consider.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank hopskipandtrip15
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Arima Kirari, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Stayed at Arima View Hotel with friends for one night but we spent two days enjoying the onsen. Beautiful traditional style ryokan room with a great view, we even got to wake up to a little snowfall! Dinner and breakfast were included. Both included a wide variety of different dishes that were delicious. After both meals, we spent hours in the onsen that is very conveniently attached to the hotel. A nice variety of baths both outdoor and indoor as well as multiple areas to spend time with friends comfortable in yukatas to get food and drinks. I also decided to get a massage while I was there, which was really nice. I enjoyed my time there and came home very relaxed. Would definitely return again and recommend to everyone who plans to visit Hyogo!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Arima Kirari, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The room itself was a classic ryokan layout. It was very large and beautiful, with a nice view. The room included yukata, which were really nice to wear for the traditional onsen feel. I was incredibly impressed with the service and atmosphere overall. The included dinner and breakfast were absolutely incredible. Beautiful and delicious. I loved how the hotel was directly connected to the onsen. I spent hours there and felt so relaxed after. The onsen itself was incredible beautiful and there were so many different baths and saunas. I had a great experience overall.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ehuang26
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Arima Kirari, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017