1,384 results
All reviews bomb dome tallest building cover charge shopping mall within walking distance art museum corner room sky bar peace memorial excellent location major sites high floor beautiful hotel room was spacious bit dated hotel guests the upper floors
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

After reading mixed TA reviews, we were slightly wary but in the end we were extremely pleased with our room on 31st floor. Check in was very quick and easy, our room was very spacious and comfortable and we had a lovely view overlooking Hiroshima castle. This hotel is within easy walking distance of the railway station and all of the main sights in this lovely city. Breakfast was delicious, buffet style with so many Japanese and western dishes on offer. All of the staff were so helpful, especially the trainee lady who helped us to book a taxi back to the station. Thank you to all.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again if I return to Hiroshima for sightseeing. The location is great, and management seems to do their best to accomodate guests. Staff are well trained and professional.

They seem to understand tourists' needs and offer plenty of prepared information for gettting around etc. They do have staff who speak English fluently. They also included discount coupons for the pool and gym - seems they listen to feedback, a good sign..but: the facilities and hotel itself seem a bit dated. The rooms are sufficient and the bathroom is pretty good with a strong shower and plenty of hot water. The bath towells were all new and high quality. Well done there. Beds are very comfortable, though a bit small, and the pillows are quite comfortable. Some of the furniture is a tad worn.

Negative impact in my rating: My key card failed 3 times, so I had to head back down to the front desk when I was exhausted and checking in, and then again after a lovely but long and tiring day at Miyajima.. and again after....etc.
This sort of annoyance is unacceptable in a country as technologically capable as Japan.

I really enjoyed the set menu breakfast at their Japanese restaurant, Naniwa. It is nice to have a choice between that and a buffet (I did not sample the buffet), though the staff seemed overwhelmed and quite busy despite a nearly empty dining area.

My room looked out over Hiroshima Castle grounds, lovely. Some rooms look the other way towards the Gembaku Dome. Would suggest asking for a high floor.

Next store to the hotel is a Sogo and they offer a wide selection of delicious prepared foods on the bottom floor - the sushi I bought there during the evening "time sale" around 6pm was half price and tasted 10 times better than the restaurant I ate at the night previous and that cost more than 10 times the money (see my less than stellar reveiw of Sushi Tei). Plenty of restaurants in walking distance.

I recommend this hotel at this price point especially a well trained, professional staff and stellar location.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MaikKubo
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Not far from Rail station
Close to most attractions and shopping
Staff made us very kind and welcome
We had two choices of breakfast restaurants and the food was great
Make sure you get a room on the main entrance side and at night you will have a great view
Rained heavy on our stay but staff always had a spare brolly available
Beds are big size and quite comfortable
large bath and toiletries are available
Taxis available at front of hotel

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Central Hiroshima position-close to everything - restaurants inside and beyond the hotel. Selection of shops also available. High floor rooms ensure spectacular views over the city. Excellent facilities and attentive staff. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I was told this is the most luxurious & biggest hotel in Hiroshima. The building is quite big but dated - 90s lobby interior design. Our cab ride from the train station was less than 10 mins. We arrived around lunchtime & was unable to check in yet (sigh, Jap inflexibility). Staff do speak English & friendly towards foreigners, check-in was a breeze.

When we got to our room, we hit the jackpot! – it was on high floor & oversee the entire palace opposite!! (see the photo) We were very pleased. What’s more, the room is huge by Japanese standard. We’ve 2 twin beds (bigger than standard single size bed), a dressing table, a ‘dining’ table with chairs & luggage space. The bathroom comes with long sink/make up top, a bathtub with shower & toilet bowl all within. In Japan, do not worry about toiletries as most hotels provided everything, including toner & all. Hair dryer is available. The cupboard is big with adequate hangers.
We didn’t book with breakfast, so I can’t comment on that. We went around exploring the city – the tourist spots are pretty much within walking distance 15-20mins furthest – the palace, A-Bomb Dome & Memorial area, Hiroshima Orizuru Tower (highly recommended) etc.

Overall, it’s a decent hotel which one can be comfortable in, esp for foreigners with the tourist spots easily accessible. Once can’t complain about the room space.

Date of stay: May 2018